Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd You Do: Jan. 9 Edition
Quote | Reply
Back to school for me today. Hope everyone had a good week.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: Jan. 9 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M - 6.2 mi run + 18 mi bike
T - 3.5 mi run + 3300 yd swim
W - 4.7 mi run + 7 mi run
T - 9 mi run + 3800 yd swim
F - 9 mi run
S - 8 mi run + yoga
S - 6.7 mi run + 4500 yd swim

Sunday swim was a meet. I went 6:16 for my 500 (1:15/100y), 2:24 for my 200 (1:12/100 yds), and 21:28 for my 1650 (1:18/100 yds). I was happy; I haven't been swimming much the past month.

Totals for the week - did not make the 2x cycling goal but hit all the others.
11,600 yd swim; 18 mi bike; 54.1 mi run.

Goals for this coming week - 2 workouts per day for each weekday. Workout = sbr or lift or yoga.

The semester starts today. I am student teaching, taking two afternoon classes, and I have a campus job that is 10h/week. I am going to be BUSY. Looking forward to it, though. This is my last semester. I finished applications to PhD programs last week, so keep your fingers crossed :-)

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: tigerchik: Jan 9, 12 1:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty good week for me: 7x run; 4x swim; 1x bike (but made up for other missed bikes by making it a really long one); stretch and exercises 4x. Stalled on the weight loss though--it's all the post-holiday leftovers hanging around the house.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got in all my scheduled runs for the week (5)
Missed one of my three scheduled bikes
Got in 2 swims but bailed early on the 2nd one due to being tired and sore from my first run speedwork session in a while which was the day before.

For this next week, I'm shuffling a few things to see if I can get in more biking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got 6 out of 7 runs in. Two wouldn't have happened w/o posting here, so that's good! :)

Next week, same deal. 7 runs. Plus 1 bike.

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: Jan. 9 Edition [FeltLikeTriing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I smile every time I see your sig line.
Nice work on the runs.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi all - you are all doing so well!! I'm proud of you!

My week was amazing. Went to Disney World w/ my kids ( ages 14, 18 and 20 years old) We had a blast. Unfortunately, not much in the way of working out went on. I was scheduled for the Disney 1/2 marathon. Two alarms set - neither went off (at 2:45 a.m. to catch the 3:15 bus). I woke at 3:30, said a lot of nasty words and went for a 16 mile treadmill run. sigh. I would have really liked to have run it, but I'll live to run another day. I actually have another 1/2 marathon at the end of the month.

This week my goals are to keep up my running (70 mpw) and maybe add 1-2 rides and 1-2 swims. Also, I'd like to increase weight lifting to 1-2 x this week, and keep my core w/o at 3-4 per week.

Good luck this week everyone. have fun!

Nancy
Quote Reply