Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd You Do: Halloween Edition
Quote | Reply
Happy Halloween :-)
How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: Halloween Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thesis stress really got to me this week and I only had 5/7 good days with eating. I had a therapy appointment Friday and that was helpful. My thesis is coming along well. It is due in three weeks. I have many, many little things left to do and one big thing (putting it in the acceptable Grad School format. They are really specific!)

Training - cold and dark in Maine in the mornings - though some mornings I could have ridden, but I chose to swim because I was at the gym/pool and that's what felt comfortable.

M - 7.5 mi run
T - 6.5 mi run + 3000 yd swim
W - 4.1 mi run + 4100 yd swim
T - 7.5 mi run + 3000 yd swim
F - 6 mi run + 3200 yd swim
S - 9.9 mi run
S - 8.5 mi run + 22 mi bike

Totals: 13,300 yd swum; 22 miles ridden; 50 miles run. Hip exercises 3x, shoulder weights 2x. Monday's run had 5 x 5 min intervals, Thursday's run had 20 min progressive-by-minute at high speeds, Sunday's run had 25 minutes @ threshold pace. Swims were all threshold and vo2 max, though I did try some sprint 25s/50s on Thursday, and 5 x 100 sprint-fast on Friday (and didn't give myself enough rest to have them be sprinty-fast. I'm learning... my threshold/vo2 max pace is fine, it's the top end speed I lack in the pool)

This coming week:
-Today's goal is to go through all of my advisor's comments on my thesis, as I'm meeting with her tomorrow. I need to have a list of questions so when I finish the revisions (I have made a dent in them) I can do all of them and then that version will be the 'final' one. I am going to a Halloween party tonight and I'm excited :-) I'm going as Cindy Lou Who - I spent quite awhile this weekend sewing the costume.
- Training goal is to ride at least 2x (trainer ok). The other sports tend to take care of themselves ;-)

Have a good week and Happy Halloween!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: tigerchik: Oct 31, 11 1:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's great swimming!! and well done on the running.
Good luck tomorrow.

I had a good running week. Not so good bike or swim.
Mon - day off - I should have swam, but had 2 appts after work, so just ran out of time.
Tue- 8 miles run, 1 hour trainer
Wed 11 miles run
Thurs 6 run a.m., 8 w/ some speed p.m. run
Friday 9 run
Sat - 1 hour trainer
Sunday - 23 mile run

So that makes 2 hours trainer (sad), no swim (sad) and 65 miles running (happy)
Nutrition- I have lost 4 pounds over the last 3-4 weeks. I have 5 more weeks to marathon, so I'd be very happy to lose another 3-4. I do need to eat better foods.

This week's goals. 55- 60 running, hopefully w/ a little more speed. At least 2 bikes, hopefully for a total of 3 hours. and 1-2 swims.

Happy training everyone!
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: Halloween Edition [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're getting in some fantastic mileage. Nice work.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finished my first 140.6 race.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: Halloween Edition [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Elastigirl - I'm doing Dallas White Rock as well. Good luck. We only have a few hard weeks left before taper!

Tri3 - well done!! how was it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 4 runs including 6hr trail race on saturday: WIN
- 1 bike: FAIL
- 2 swim: WIN
- 4 core/strength: WIN
- foam roll: WIN

put in an extra 2.4km over last year's total for the 6hr trail race and finished SO much stronger. fueled really well and never actually had any dark, negative times during the race - just kept on truckin'! even some other racers who were there last year commented on how much better i was running this year, which was certainly nice of them :)

no goals for this week. i took yesterday off work because this damned cold is still hanging on and my legs were still sore (though not half as bad as i'd expected), so i'm taking it easy getting back into training. i'll probably go for a short run this evening and then hit the pool, but since my last race of the year is now done i'm not doing anything structured for awhile :)

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
YEAH!
RR? Time/splits?

Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: Halloween Edition [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awesome - good for you! :D

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
13 plus change. Still sorting it all out.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you guys are awesome...keep it up
Quote Reply