Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How'd You Do: April 4
Quote | Reply
Can't wait to hear about your week.
Missed Dr.TriRunner last week; hope you're ok.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: April 4 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did pretty well. 6/7 good days eating; met with my dietician and that was very useful. I made it through March with only 5 days in which I binged!!!!!!! New month record there. Month goal for April = less than 5 :-)
Met the run goal; was -1 bike and -1 swim. Lifted: check and shoulder exercises 3x: check.

I was exhausted all week from having been traveling, racing, etc. so I took it quite easy on myself for much of the week, sleeping in on Monday and Tuesday and then taking Friday completely off. Legs didn't feel good post 1/2 marathon until Thursday.

M - 4 mi run
T - 6.5 mi run
W - 6 mi run, 2000 yd swim, lift, shoulder exercises
T - 8 mi run, 1600 yd swim
F -
S - 11 mi run, lift, shoulder + hip exercises
S - 5 mi run, 24 mi bike, shoulder + hip exercises

40.5 mi run, 24 mi bike, 3600 yd swim.

Goals for the coming week: s/b/r 3/2/6. Lift 2x (it's so important for bone density and I'm starting to enjoy it), shoulders + hips 3x.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Last edited by: tigerchik: Apr 4, 11 1:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:

6 runs - WIN

4 bike - only did 3
3 swim - WIN
actually get up every day for my morning workout so i don't have to do it after work... - WIN

all in all a pretty good week. would have liked to put more time in on the bike. did some stroke work on the swim and finally feeling better in the water!

this week:

6 runs
3 bike
3 swim
1 yoga
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 4 runs: WIN with 5
- 4 bike: FAIL. 3 only, but pretty solid ones.
- 5 core/strength incl. 1 full workout: FAIL. 4 only, no full workout
- 3 swim: WIN. actually starting to feel like i'm swimming instead of just thrashing!

this week's goals:
- 4 runs incl. final build run for the marathon on may 1st
- 3 bike
- 5 core/strength incl. 1 full workout. srsly.
- 3 swim

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Last week:
- Run 4x => DONE, 3 EZ and 1 hard-ish 10k with the dog (I can tell she missed running)

This week:
- Run 5x
- Lift 2x (weights in gym at new work!)
- Get settled in the new job!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: April 4 [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
new job = :D

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goals: Monday: big birthday run (27miles for 27 years) rest of week: 2x swim=7,000yds, 2x run=6-8mi, 2x lift
Accomplished: Monday: 27 miles for 27 years
*completed!* rest of week: 1x swim=2,000yds, 2x walk=7mi, 2x lift

Need to get back to more swimming. this week was a wash. masters nats is in T-4 weeks. where did the time go.
however, awhile ago signed up for a 50k on sunday, I hope to just cross the finish. so I guess it'll be heavy "training" week.

Goals for next week: Yoga 1x; Swim: 6x= 17,000yds; Run:4x= {3x=9mi+50k race}=40mi
Also making it a goal to ice bath after the 50k.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll play...

My boyfriend and I just relocated to Austin, TX from Florida and were driving half way across the country this past week, so workouts were interesting to say the least.

Monday: x-trainer (elliptical) 75 minutes at the hotel gym (day 2 of driving 10+ hours!)
Tuesday: power-walk/jog 5 miles (coming back from a sfx) on the hotel treadmill
Wednesday: 60 minute interval session on the bike trainer at our new house in Austin, 15 minutes of core work
Thursday: 30 minutes easy on the trainer/ 5 mile power-walk/jog on local trails
Friday: Swim (finally found a pool this week!) 2500 meters w/ drills, 45 minutes easy on the bike trainer as I still did not know the local cycling routes around town
Saturday: 45 minutes easy on the trainer, 5.1 miles power-walk/jog on hills
Sunday: 2000 meter swim, 60 minutes of yoga

I had no goals going into this week due to the big move but am happy to have started this new week with access to a pool and good running and riding routes. Onward!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll play.

Trying to lose weight in the next couple months to hit near race weight well before the big build to IMWI. Had a disappointing couple months when I got mono and did little else but sleep and work. But now back on track. Gave up peanut butter, bread and pasta. Ate tons of veggies, trained 9.5 hours including finally getting back in the pool. Weighed 127 last Friday. Plan to weigh in every Friday but so far the clothes are feeling looser. And I feel great. Slow, but great. Goal weight 115-118. Achievable.

I'll try to post here every week to stay accountable to someone. Always helps.

Thanks!

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do: April 4 [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to see you back, sorry about the PB... and the mono :-(

I have found it really helpful to write the weekly goals and the weekly results. Yesterday, I didn't really want to run, but then I remembered "aw crap, I posted 5x runs on ST, dammit, better get out there" and I did and I survived and it's all good. ;-) It certainly helped me get to IMNZ...

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, so far so good. SO glad I left the old job and ditched the a**hole passive-aggressive jerk boss. I have a much smaller team now, and am focusing on what I am good at, what I enjoy. WAY less stress. Worth the pay cut.

(contented sigh)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply