Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly "How'd You Do?" Thread - 6/30/08
Quote | Reply
Here we go again. Post your highs and lows from your last week of training and nutrition.

I had a crappy week, so I'm hoping lots of people will post good stuff to cheer me up. Only got in 3 runs, plus gained weight. Back from my drive to Boston now, so I've got to get back in the game.

Goals for this week:
- run at least 5 times
- bike at least once
- down 2 lbs by Friday
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly "How'd You Do?" Thread - 6/30/08 [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, my turn to chime in I guess. :-)

Last week turned out to be ok in terms of getting my runs in (I'm shooting for a marathon in 7 wks). Wasn't too sure, work has been really stressful the last few weeks. ugh
Tho, I'm fighting some sort of groin injury pull or something....grrrr!

This week's goals:
* run every day- get 2 long runs in since I work the entire 4th weekend :-(
* get thy ass to the pool (I keep saying that, but it hasn't materialized yet)
* eat enuf to support my activity
* find time to start a modified weight program/yoga is woefully needed also.

N~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I woke up this morning with the realization that I am 10 weeks from IM WI. Getting close to weeks in single digits is starting to scare me. I have been making all of my workouts and I trust my coach but reading the main board and what some people are doing makes me nervous. Anyhow, last weeks goals"

1)Long ride on tri bike - Success. Did a 4 hour ride and stayed aero most of the ride. I had been using my road bike for all of my super hilly adventures but have decided that if I want to ride the cervelo at IMWI, I need to ride it all of the time.

2) Hit my 5/7 calories in = calories out in my tracker (and if I am low, only be low by 100) -- Success, sorta. I was down a pound again this week and have reached my interim weight loss goal. Just a couple more pounds and I think I will be at where I want to be for IM WI. In terms of the actual goal, I was close most days except for my super long training days on Sat and Sun. However, I am still having problem with post workout dinners. I am just not hungry and find myself eating more snack type food (apple and pb, veggies) or protein shakes than real food because I don't want to cook. I am thinking of making more dinners over the weekend to eat throughout the week.

Goal for this week:
1) Have fun and ride all 4 days I plan to be at Cheese Hell Week.
2) Watch diet and stay on track while away from home for a 5 day weekend.

Have a great week everyone!
Deanna

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Highs: Had a great session on the track on Saturday and a 3.5 hour ride yesterday.

Lows: Travel to Houston mid-week which threw everything off for three days.

For this week: RACE! Racing Wednesday and Sunday with a track clinic on Saturday. Maybe racing Friday. Also need to run.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PR at the HIM this weekend, 6:46 (my previous HIM was 7:13). Slow by most standards, but great by mine. Plus it was raining, which slowed my bike down considerably. I am very happy with my result. And, no binge eating after race -- for the first time, perhaps ever, I weigh less after the race than before it. :)

One of my stated goals was HIM under 7 hours: check. The other was not to be a pig after a hard workout: check.
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly "How'd You Do?" Thread - 6/30/08 [squesen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on your PR!! Way to go!
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly "How'd You Do?" Thread - 6/30/08 [squesen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great job on the PR! Way to go. Wheee!!!

For me, I survived the last toughest week of IM training. Got through my long ride and long run. Thunderstorms and lightning kept me from working out outside on Thursday (bike run bricks) but there's nothing I can do about it. Don't want to get hit by lightning!
The highlight of Saturday was that my crazy friend Megan rode with me for 80 miles of the 100, and that after an 11 hour ER shift. We got totally rained on, I mean it DUMPED! I couldn't see. My feet were soaked for the entire ride, but the rest of me dried out - it turned into a really nice day after the steamy part of the day burned off.
Mile upper 70-something I started getting mentally a little foggy. Took a gel, it didn't seem to be going away. Stopped at a dinky little store and bought a twix bar. Ate it and felt GREAT for the rest of the ride. Note to self - bring twix bar on IM bike (again).

Sunday's long run with my other friend went OK. I think I was sleep-running though, as I felt like I could lay down at any time and conk out, my eyes were heavy and kept closing for most of the run. We still kept a decent pace though.

For this week - get in all workouts, be thankful things are still going great, hope I don't feel bumm-y as I step down the workout load in anticipation of IMLP. Watch eating, scale back accordingly. Relax, try not to be nervous that I'm not really ready.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like everyone is doing really well on the goals. For the first time in a long time, I feel like "I RULE!"

I had a really good week, both diet and workout-wise. The specifics:
1) Lose the pounds that came back this spring: get back down to 154 by June 25 and 152 by July 18. See 14--something on the scale by IMWI. Weigh no more than IM weight +5 by Nov. 14.
B. I'm down to 157. I'm ok with being a month behind - I feel like it's reasonable.
2) Maintain and improve the run speed I've gained over the winter. continue to get my long run in every week, and do at least one speed workout.
A. did my speed workout and a miserably hot 12 miler (resulting in losing all of my lunch and pre-run fuel, but I think I just got overheated - felt fine the next morning.)
3) Get in the water! I will swim at least two hours per week, hopefully three.
A. Went to two master's practices, both just over an hour. Was going to do a group OW swim one night, but got stuck at work late.
4) More time on the bike. I will ride my bike at least 3 times per week for a total of at least 5 hours.
A. Did my long ride (4 hours) all alone in the wind and rain late Sunday afternoon. This was HUGE for me because I tend to skip the ones I procrastinate until last thing of the weekend, but I actually got out of bed from a nap and went to do it. Did a few other shorter rides after work but nothing intense.
5) Continue weight training. Two times per week for 30-45 minutes each time.
F. Didn't go once.
6) Clean up my diet.
B-. Diet was really good most days, I quit eating the muffins, cookies and brownies at work meetings. Went out for Mexican and ate reasonably (brought half home, but didn't eat it) Went out for Chinese and also brought half home and didn't eat it. One beer Thursday night. Had reduced fat ice cream two nights, but they were small servings and I checked fitday first to make sure I had logged everything and had calorie capacity for it! Total calorie deficit for the week was about 4,000, so hopefully I'll be down another pound when I weigh in on Wed.

My goals for this week are lots of riding. Not having a full work week will help, but I need to make sure I get my swims in and I really want to get the weight training back on track. Most important goal for this week is to eat sensibly while away for the weekend. This will be tough.

Happy 4th everyone!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great to see how so many are doing!

I was away from home, out of town for a whole week (in DC) and managed to get in almost all of my workouts...

Ran three times.
Rode twice - rented a bike - thanks to this forum csb (catherine) took me on a FABULOUS ride in the Maryland countryside on Sat.
Did a brick (albeit with an indoor bikeride but better than no brick).
Only swam once at the "Y" - my only disappointment.
Did weights once at the hotel gym.

I'm proud of this as it took a lot of discipline to get it all in. I am trying to not focus on the lack of swimming and instead focus on the rest of it which I did. Funny, isn't it, how it often is a lot easier for us to berate ourselves than compliment ourselves! I feel a little odd saying "I'm proud" but heck, I am.

One other bummer, not disappointment, but bummer, I tripped on my run this morning and got two BIG BAD boo-boos on my knees. My cheek even hit the ground, too, and at first I was cursing up a storm but realized this: WOW okay this sucks, I probably will have to take a little time out, maybe just for tomorrow but I at least CAN run and do all this other stuff. So many people can't. And at least I didn't sprain anything! It also may be a sign I was spacing out a little and not totally in the moment/paying attention to the run.

Oh and food was ALL over the place due to after-work eating out etc. but that's okay, after all fun is important too.

This week I don't have my plan set yet in terms of specifics but will swim four times I know, bike three, run three, left weights once, and GET BACK TO EATING BETTER.

Mindy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
weight: the same
I am ok with this as I had a big training weekend and usually am up after, and I am still down 3 pounds since I started posting here.
Goals: down 2-3 pounds before LP ( I am volunteering, no racing) and down 6-8 by August 31st.
Quote Reply