Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly "How'd You Do?" Thread - 10/20/08
Quote | Reply
Yet another edition of "How'd you do?". Tell us the good and the bad about how your week went and what you're planning next week.

Me:
  • I did absolutely no workouts last week and it was great. Didn't feel guilty at all. I just didn't feel like it and it was a welcome week off. My body didn't need it as much as my head. Now I'm rearing to go this week.
  • Kept my eating in check and stayed the same this week.

Next week:
  • Starting the P90X videos today
  • Gotta keep running too, so I'm going to try to fit in 3 runs
  • Have to get serious about this weight loss - down 1 lb next at a minimum

Quote Reply
Re: Weekly "How'd You Do?" Thread - 10/20/08 [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goals last week - do as coach said... check. Other goal, swim 35k. Nope - skipped one workout due to needing to study instead. Perfectly acceptable though not preferable.

Totals: 5 workouts each sport, except yoga which was once.
swim - 29.3k
bike - 5:45
run - 29.5 mi
yoga - 60 min

Goals for this week: run 5-8 mi every other day. Race well this weekend (local 5k). Ride at least 3x, swim at least 5x. Abs every other day. Work on my thesis at least a little bit each day because I have kind of sort of been slacking on this even though my advisor thinks I'm doing really really well.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly "How'd You Do?" Thread - 10/20/08 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Um....hello? I think you're missing a little bit of bragging about your week. Where's the "I WON THE FREAKING RACE!!!!" comment? :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goals for last week:
1) Get back on the training -- complete all of the workouts given to me by the coach-- Done. Even added a little be on lenght to each run as I was running with friends and they chose our path.
2) Eat more veggies!-- Done but weight is up a lb or so this week. Need to finally get serious about nutrition again.

Goals for this week:
1) 2 strenght or core sessions
2) Have fun and finish my first trail half mary on Saturday
3) Don't get lost in the woods in my first orienteering meet on Sunday

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, TC, how about the "I won!" thing? :-)

I, well, um, had a sloooow week. Caught a cold Thursday which I am pretending I don't have; unfortunately that (the pretending) doesn't work too well.) :-) Also finally now am back in my home city after being away a lot, didn't realize DUH that it would take a little time for me to get, I guess the word would be, re-acclimated.

Didn't get any bikeriding in POO but did run three times, now I am up to FORTY minutes! YAY... Swam twice. Stretch/core once. Strength training once. The good thing is that my team's pre-season plan has begun and I went to 3 workouts with them - a swim and 2 runs. We were shown a nice weight-free strength training plan (lunges pushups squats etc.)

This week:
2-3 bikerides
3 swims
3 runs, one a 5-mile race which should be interesting since I have not run in ANY race since June
2 strength training

ALSO eating has been only so-so, I used the excuse "stressful week" last week to explain my plateau re weight but that is really NOT an excuse... This week, I will eat well every day with one day "free" no matter how stressful or not the week is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did enough of that on the main forum yesterday, LOL. I also think of weeks as Sunday-Saturday... win was this week!

I worked on my thesis a little
fell asleep
now I am going to take my bike out and hope this wakes me up. hee hee.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I came back from Hawaii and got sick so very limited training. One 25 minute ride on the track Saturday, but didn't feel good. Slept 12 hours Saturday night and stayed in yesterday and today I fell much better.

This week: Get back to training.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly "How'd You Do?" Thread - 10/20/08 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TC - I think you can stretch that win out of the course of two weeks! :)

My week. BLAH! Still stick. IMFL in how many days? Oh man oh man oh man.

Sun - stayed in bed
Mon - stayed in bed
Tues - felt a little better, ran 10k
Wed - swam 3k, but my times were sucking (+10 sec/100 yd)
Thur - stayed in bed
Fri - stayed in bed
Sat - ran a 1/2 marathon with a PR (2:02). Yeah baby! But then, my sore throat got worse later that day. :( Boo.
Sun - went to Masters and was still able to lead my lane (granted, I'm in lane two!), but I was more tired than usual.
Today... sick. Probably taking the day off. Might put the bike on the trainer. Might not.

I have this lingering head cold from Hell. Runny nose + sore throat + a little achy. I want it to go away.

I really want to get in one more bike ride before I drop off my bike at tribike transport on Friday. Aaargh!

Good news: I got my period, so no period on race day. Ha ha ha! Take that, sharks!

-Sarah
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly "How'd You Do?" Thread - 10/20/08 [minniepearl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Think of it this way, eating better helps you cope with stress. Hope the cold goes away soon.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
very late this week...

last week...
1) get in over 7.5 hours hours of training...slighly more to make up for recent short weeks...

Nope...more like just over 5 hours....

2) get one rollerski in...

no on this one also....the reduced sunlight is making it tougher..

3) hover around 173 for weight.

more like hanging around 175...need to get back down to 172-3....

4) put on Adventure Run on Friday with 30 plus people...

yep...designed a great course and had 32 people come out.....

This weeks goals:

1) Have fun on my trail half marathon on Saturday...no time goal...I am not in great running shape...just want to have fun with my wife and the couple we are going with to the event...have fun in Madison afterwards..
2) Get in 7 hours of training.
3) Buy a stretch cord for strength workouts.
get weight to 173 by weeks end...
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly "How'd You Do?" Thread - 10/20/08 [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
North Face Challenge?.....my wife and another couple we know from adventure racing will be there...running for fun...

have fun on the orienteering.....start with easier course first and go at it deliberately...it takes patience at first...you may not to be able to use your running fitness to go fast but its better to be cautious and go the right way than fast going the wrong way....as you get better you can pick up the pace...
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly "How'd You Do?" Thread - 10/20/08 [Steve-oH!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, I will be running the half marathon at the North Face Challenge in Ottawa Lake. I am looking forward to it, I think. I haven't done a ton of running since IMWI and I am in the early stages of a cold. I am praying that my IM fitness will pull me through and it won't hurt that much. What distance are your friends running?

In terms of the orienteering, I am partnering with Gazelle and since she is not running yet, we are just planning on hiking and having a good time. I have been advised to start with the yellow level (the second level from the bottom) so we will see. Hopefully, I won't get to lost!!
Quote Reply