Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: We need your help to improve our women sizes. Incentive included. [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Emilio,

Wrote you an email mainly re the Carrera shorts yesterday. The are Awesome BUT it would be great if you made them to pair better w adamo saddles.

( seams hit exactly where saddle sits)

Hope you got my more extensive feedback !

http://bethanyrutledge.com
Quote Reply
Re: We need your help to improve our women sizes. Incentive included. [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Emilio:

I'm 5'3" and typically race at about 127-130. Normal clothes are a 6 petite. Most of my DeSoto stuff is size M and fits well even with some weight fluctuation.

Several years ago (6-8 perhaps) you had a women's tri top/bra with a full back. I'm large busted and could *almost* wear it without doubling up on sports bras. It may be a pipe dream of C-D cup women, but to have a race top that fits tight enough and has enough support to wear it solo would be a godsend. Maybe even a top with a triple lining, so even if it's thicker, at least it would just be one garmet. Racerback tops just do not work as far as support.

You took out some back length on one tri top for me (the green year), the spring that you came to women's camp at Dan/Monty's, but the shorter fit in the back made the neck ride up too much and I felt like I was choking. I sent it to Kylie but I don't know if it worked out for her or not.

Cheers,
Erin
Quote Reply
Re: We need your help to improve our women sizes. Incentive included. [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X2. Need to 1: have enough boob compression to keep the sweater puppies in place; 2) have enough coverage to hide the nips. Racerbacks only work so well (I have a bunch of them, mostly Sugoi) but my tried and true long mileage bra is from Champion, and has 3 settings in the back and adjustable straps (works well for shorties like me) - and has like 3 or 4 layers over the nips. I have had this bra since (I kid you not) 2004 and it is still going strong.

Erin, check out some of the bras from Moving Comfort. I have recently found this brand and it is amazing - and - bonus - very low on the price point too! ;-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: We need your help to improve our women sizes. Incentive included. [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with the others about the white stitching on dark coloured shorts. Just don't like it. I would buy more de Soto if there weren't so much white stitching all over the place.

I'd also like to agree on the need for non-racerback tri tops. I am a E/F cup so my jog bras are serious (ugly, bulky) business. I'd love a tri top that was long enough to cover my waist, covered my shoulders and covered my ugly bra.

I would also like some women's 400 mi bib shorts.

Thanks for asking
Quote Reply
Re: We need your help to improve our women sizes. Incentive included. [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
got your pm thanks.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Re: We need your help to improve our women sizes. Incentive included. [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for this erin. shoot me an email so i can send you the coupon code when i send them to everyone else early this week. i will not be posting it.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Re: We need your help to improve our women sizes. Incentive included. [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndyPants wrote:
X2. Need to 1: have enough boob compression to keep the sweater puppies in place; 2) have enough coverage to hide the nips. Racerbacks only work so well (I have a bunch of them, mostly Sugoi) but my tried and true long mileage bra is from Champion, and has 3 settings in the back and adjustable straps (works well for shorties like me) - and has like 3 or 4 layers over the nips. I have had this bra since (I kid you not) 2004 and it is still going strong.

Erin, check out some of the bras from Moving Comfort. I have recently found this brand and it is amazing - and - bonus - very low on the price point too! ;-)

AP

X3.

I am thinner now but the wetsuit 'creep' was my nemesis. Before I lost weight, I was the about the same size as Andy and Erin. The T1 top would end up bunching around my waist because my hips were more hour-glass shaped (OK, wide) than the top would accommodate. I realize that most of your customer base is sleek SoCal six-foot, size zero's, but the rest of us in the heartland would like clothes that fit too :-)

Although I love my 400 Mile Shorts, I too, was less than pleased with the contrast stitching that ONLY works if you are one of the super-skinny gals described above.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: We need your help to improve our women sizes. Incentive included. [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have some of your tri pieces but can't think of the names right now but will share my thoughts. I like the clothing lines but I think they are a bit "too sexy" for the average woman. The girls who model your lines are rare and not at all like most women so it is difficult for us to gauge how some items will fit and look on us. The tri shorts that I have are low rise (coochy low) in the front and a bit baggy but rather tight around the rump. They make me look like I have a dong. Not cute! I think what was once considered to be "ethnic sizing" should apply to your sizing because women are a melting pot of digits when it comes to what will fit. As you can read, some are small on top and large on the bottom or vice versa. Fortunately I am an XS top and bottom but some pieces don't always fit properly or are not age appropriate. I do like the Tuesday Shorts and wish they came a bit longer.

Quote | Reply
Thanks for your input and, as the OP indicates, we are seeking it to make our sizing more accurate for 2012 and beyond.

As for a longer version of the Tuesday Run Shorts, we have them. They called Solana Run Shorts.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My issue with women's clothing is that once something fits my broad swimmers back/shoulders, it's a tent around my small waist. Women's tri tops never fit me,- if I can get it over my shoulders the bottom half flaps in the breeze. Women's wetsuits don't fit me, I always end up with men's size small.

However your liftfoil suit fits! I love it.

Also, if somebody doesn't manufacture this soon I am going to sew my own.... armwarmers with retractable mittens! Lots of women (I read somewhere one in six) have Raynaud's and our hands get cold.
Quote Reply
Re: We need your help to improve our women sizes. Incentive included. [NMGal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks. if you want to get the coupon code for your input, please email me the info requested in the OP.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Re: We need your help to improve our women sizes. Incentive included. [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks. if you want to get the coupon code for your input, please email me the info requested in the OP.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Re: We need your help to improve our women sizes. Incentive included. [canuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Re: We need your help to improve our women sizes. Incentive included. [NMGal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your arm warmer idea is AMAZING - Love it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sent a PM with the info last week.

Keep making good stuff!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I sent a PM this afternoon. Thanks for asking for feedback. Love your products and have been a De Soto devotee for 7 years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Talk to Erika, maybe you two can collaborate to make some Womens ones - I'd buy them!!! ;-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: We need your help to improve our women sizes. Incentive included. [lberman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
got the pm, thanks. will reply when i come up for air.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lululemon makes arm warmers with retractible mittens. just your thumb sticks out.

i've had mine for a couple years so i'm not sure if they still carry them, but since a lot of their tops are made with them i'm guessing they do. might be hard to find this time of year.

to emilio...

i have a number of desoto items. i'd say they fit me pretty much as i expected them to fit.

i like the fact that your sports bras don't have a ton of material to them or a huge band.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One other thought (that I'm reminded of as I get set to hop on the trainer)--a tri short made with padding specific to ladies riding in aero position would be a first--and much desired. Specifically, less padding on the back side (don't extend it so far up and across the butt) and a little more in front (maybe the same width as you have now but run it up about an inch to 1.5 inches higher).

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
One other thought (that I'm reminded of as I get set to hop on the trainer)--a tri short made with padding specific to ladies riding in aero position would be a first--and much desired. Specifically, less padding on the back side (don't extend it so far up and across the butt) and a little more in front (maybe the same width as you have now but run it up about an inch to 1.5 inches higher).

have you looked at this garment? it was designed specifically with that idea in mind. i might also add that our women's 400 mile bike short has a bit thicker pad situated the same way.

forza long distance tri short

this is what the pad looks like

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NMGal wrote:
My issue with women's clothing is that once something fits my broad swimmers back/shoulders, it's a tent around my small waist. Women's tri tops never fit me,- if I can get it over my shoulders the bottom half flaps in the breeze. Women's wetsuits don't fit me, I always end up with men's size small.

However your liftfoil suit fits! I love it.

Also, if somebody doesn't manufacture this soon I am going to sew my own.... armwarmers with retractable mittens! Lots of women (I read somewhere one in six) have Raynaud's and our hands get cold.

I would buy that in a heartbeat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Emilio,

Just checking that you got my PM. My computer is kind of crazy sometimes.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: We need your help to improve our women sizes. Incentive included. [LovePugs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
got it pugsy! code will be sent later this week.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So looking at the Forza short on the model, you could chop off the top two inches of the pad on the back side, and more is needed higher up on the front side. Saddle contact points on the back side are pretty low, and on the front side, if you're relatively flat in aero, pretty high.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply

Prev Next