Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Washington DC cycling
Quote | Reply
Hi all

I'm going to be in Washington DC from Tuesday of this week thru Monday of next.

If there are any fabulous Womens in DC: Help!

I was thinking of renting a road bike over the weekend. (I'll bring shoes & pedals with me.) Hoping to do a ride about 50-60 miles one day and maybe a shorter brick the other if I can figure out how.

I'm staying in a hotel near the Kennedy Center.

Anybody know any shops that I could rent from? or tri clubs or bike shops who may have group rides I could maybe join? I'm not super fast but medium.

Lastly, if anybody individually lives in DC and wants to help an out-of-towner get her workouts in let me know. ANY advice appreciated.

(at first I was just planning on swimming and running but just had this idea today before I leave my home in NYC.)

THANKS!
Mindy
Quote Reply
Re: Washington DC cycling [minniepearl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not sure if these shops rent but here are the phone numbers for a couple in Georgetown which is close to the Kennedy Center.
Big Wheel Bikes: 202-337-0254 or Bicycle Pro Shop: 202-337-0311

As for trails there are many in and around DC. I'm not sure about the rides that the DC Tri club offers.
Sometimes I ride with the Tri RATS (Reston Area Triathletes) on Saturday mornings. This ride starts in suburb west of DC on an trail that goes for 45 miles. They ride anywhere from 25 to 110 miles.
There is also the Mt Vernon trail which you can access right from downtown.

Another great place to ride in DC which we talked about on another post here last week is Hains Point. It is a super flat, fast 3.2 mile loop that is very popular with roadies and triathletes. There may be some STers showing up there on Thursday evenings around 6pm or Sunday's at 10am.

PM me if you want more info.
You also have some more responses on the main forum.
Quote Reply