Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
WOMEN OF SLOWTWITCH TRAINING WEEKEND v.3
Quote | Reply
What: WOMEN OF SLOWTWITCH TRAINING WEEKEND v.3

Who: All women of ST.
For you lurkers, don't feel that there is some "Slowtwich posting level" that you have to meet. EVERYONE (gals) is invited.

When: April 17, 18, 19, 20 (Thursday thru Sunday) (unofficial Wednesday start, if it works better for your travel plans)

Where: Xantusia (Valyermo, CA).
The best airports are Ontario or Burbank (about an hour), LAX or Long Beach are also options, but are 90 minutes or more (maybe way more depending on traffic).

How much?
$ per/night for accommodations and food to be determined (Gourmet chef and all food and drink are included). $50 deposit due by March 15th please.

What is included?
Accommodations, food, drink, wi-fi internet access (bring your own laptop), open kitchen, but Monty will cook for us. Past menus have included tri tip steaks, Monty's special salmon, lasagne, and all the healthy (and non healthy) trimmings). Perks include hot tub and lots of loving puppy dogs!

What will we do?
Swim, bike, run; socialize; hear stories from Monty and Dan; sit in the hot tub; eat, drink, laugh A LOT; make some fabulous friends. Also included will be discussion of the new Team Xantusia. Maybe a couple other surprises in the offering. Possible bike fitting by the master (must schedule in advance, subject to Dan's availability).

Do I have to come the entire time?
No, if it doesn't fit your schedule...come one day, two days or all three. If you are local and just want to day trip, train and eat, that's fine too (but RSVP and pay in advance please.)

Is this just for Ironman people?
No! Sprint, Olympic, Ironman, slow, fast, serious, not so serious…something for everyone.

What about us dudes?
Sorry, but no, unless your name is Normann Stadler or you are Swedish.

Do I need to bring my bike?
It’s recommended, but it’s possible that loaner bikes will be available. Must inquire and reserve in advance.

What about shipping my bike?
Shipping is no problem. Just use UPS and send to 17116 Bobs Gap Rd, Valyermo, CA 93563....attention: Mark Montgomery.

Questions or to RSVP:
PM or email ironclm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Last edited by: ironclm: Jan 23, 08 12:08
Quote Reply
Re: WOMEN OF SLOWTWITCH TRAINING WEEKEND v.3 [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
same weekend as the Devil Dog Duathlon at Camp Pendleton. You all could zip down for a short race that Saturday morning and see the Marines, then head back to camp.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
poo! It is the same weekend as Ironman China.

add that under "What we will do:" track your favorite athletes on ironmanlive.com. :)

Jocelyn

:: I came, I saw, I conquered. then I ran out of money, crashed into a car during an Ironman, and now work a bad-ass job making prosthetic legs for wounded warriors. ::

the blog: My So-Called Civilian Life :: theWongstar.com :: follow me @theWongstar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So let me get this right:

Monty + Dan + Hot Tub + A Whole Bunch of Women

I was not aware that Xantusia was that kind of place. :-)

--
ironguides.net : Home of The Method
Join the New Generation of Champions!

--- Your best is our business. ---
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Serious question - do women actually think Normann Stadler is attractive?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quote Reply
Re: WOMEN OF SLOWTWITCH TRAINING WEEKEND v.3 [NamssoB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for putting this together...what an awesome idea! I wish it wasn't the same time as the Boston Marathon. Ladies, enjoy!

Quote | Reply
OMG. I can see it now - all these women sitting around in a group cuttng down the male ST posters. :-)

Sounds like fun. If it was closer my wife would probably go (she lurks here).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Serious question - do women actually think Normann Stadler is attractive?

Normann has a great body, but as far as looks go he's not even close to Craig Alexander. Now, if we could get Craig there :) Ah, but he is married :(
I met and chatted with Craig at Kona in transition before the race. He is very hot and a very nice guy as well.

ftizie
"Ironman has always been about finishing what you've started. It's about being able to do what you've set out to do. Maybe not as fast as the person in front of you, but certainly faster than the person who never started."
John Collins, Ironman founder - finish time: Just over 17 hours
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cathy, what a lot of work for you! Thank you for taking it on! Wish I could go, but it's a little too close to St. Anthony's to be making a cross-country trip. Maybe next year. It would be nice to meet you all.
Quote Reply
Re: WOMEN OF SLOWTWITCH TRAINING WEEKEND v.3 [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OMG. I can see it now - all these women sitting around in a group cuttng down the male ST posters. :-)

You guys wish we had nothing better to talk about!

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: WOMEN OF SLOWTWITCH TRAINING WEEKEND v.3 [the schlong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Organization is my middle name. Monty is the one who has to do all the hard work!

We do it each year about that time, so maybe next year. Good luck with your training!

And Jocelyn--of course we'll be keeping an eye on you at IM China!!! Earlier this week I was just looking at that picture of you, me and the Dutchie from Caliman. Was that really almost 4 years ago?

And to whomever (I forget), yes, some of us find Normann Stadler very attractive.

Time to train.
clm

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
arg! Same weekend as the Kinetic 1/2 at Lake Anna! Of course, I haven't signed up yet, so maybe this is a sign ...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about us dudes?
Sorry, but no, unless your name is Normann Stadler

I’m off to the county clerk’s office to change my name.

Quote Reply
Re: WOMEN OF SLOWTWITCH TRAINING WEEKEND v.3 [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, but you have to get the belly tattoo also.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: WOMEN OF SLOWTWITCH TRAINING WEEKEND v.3 [Katy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...after which I'm off to Tattoo Charlie's for a belly tattoo. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Make sure there are plenty of email updates, "pics or it didn't happen" stuff, weather updates etc...

Brad

3SIXTY5cycling.com
Quote Reply
Re: WOMEN OF SLOWTWITCH TRAINING WEEKEND v.3 [Katy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
as usual, I am available for security detail

Quote | Reply
I'm in for year #3!!! Woo Hoo!! Can't wait to ride and run in triathlon training heaven then sit back and enjoy the company of some of the most wonderful and interesting people I've met. For any ladies on the fence about this, I have to strongly encourage you to go. You will not regret it. We have a great time. You can work out as much or as little as you want. Lots of great, friendly people and a beautiful spot to spend a long weekend.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We have had a blast for the past two years and started great friendships at this event, so much so that we are working on starting an all women's triathlon racing team. If you like triathlon training and meeting fun people, then make the commitment to come to this event. You will meet women from across the US and Canada who you can hook up with at races and stay with if you are in their town. We also support each other through the racing season and plan local get-togethers with women in our area. Send Cathy, Dawn, or any of the ladies a message if you have questions about the event. My blog posts from past camps have convinced a few ladies to come, so here they are again, as well as links to photos:

2006: Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Photos

2007: Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Photos

Emilio from DeSoto Sports came last year and we had a shopping spree after he made us margaritas (he's a genius) and I always bring stuff from my web store so you will come home with something cute and many good memories.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope. He looks like a girl.

PS - Wish I could do this, but I'll be rushing home from IM AZ, too much time away from the groms already! Sounds like so much fun!

RR
Last edited by: runlikeamother: Jan 23, 08 9:15
Quote Reply
Re: WOMEN OF SLOWTWITCH TRAINING WEEKEND v.3 [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We need to start a list of great memories from previous years. Here's the start:

- Emilio's margaritas
- Bjorn opening up the "Boys like me because I'm pretty" magnet
- Running up near Devil's Cauldron
- Hottub and wine
- Great food and more wine
- Seagull's modeling of the boy shorts with spankings from Emilio (and pic posted on ST)
- Topless hottub (and pic posted on ST)
- Great riding no matter what direction you head
- Tumbleweed bobbing on the bike
- "Camp showers"
- Desoto trucker hats

Who else has something to add to this?
Quote Reply
Re: WOMEN OF SLOWTWITCH TRAINING WEEKEND v.3 [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: WOMEN OF SLOWTWITCH TRAINING WEEKEND v.3 [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
- chocolate covered raisins
- Den Mother Monty's cooking!
- Seeing people improve from one year to the next. Calling for a ride up the hill the first year and kicking some hill butt the second.

This picture kind of says it all.

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Re: WOMEN OF SLOWTWITCH TRAINING WEEKEND v.3 [runlikeamother] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...and I thought I couldn't worship you any more than I already did....sheesh!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quote Reply

Prev Next