Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trying to recruit more womens for the Virtual 5K
Quote | Reply
Hola to the womens! As you all might have seen on the main forum, I'm running a Virtual 5K for the next week and a half, in which we can compete against each other in solo time trials or organized 5K races. Just thought I'd post here because I'd like to get a few more womens into it. The timing was set to coincide with the end of the 100/100 chalenge, but the race is open to all.

So far, no entries in the "F" column at all, and there are only two I know of who have expressed an interest in joining. So hey, good opportunities for placing in your AG!

If all goes well with this race, I'm looking to do a series of them over the race season. Hoping it will be a good way to break out of the "long, slow" rut for many of us.

Link to the instructions for entering the virtual race:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...37431%3B=Next+Thread

-----
Over 4.5 years bike crash free.
Quote Reply
Re: Trying to recruit more womens for the Virtual 5K [xraycharlie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What do I get if I place in my ag?

I'm doing a 30min run test on Saturday, certainly will be going further than 5km though.

Quote | Reply
You will be eligible for a virtual cash prize:

This picture of a pile of money will be awarded at the announcement of the results, or I can PM you a link to it if you're one of those people who are too cool to hang around for the awards.

-----
Quote Reply
Re: Trying to recruit more womens for the Virtual 5K [xraycharlie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Niiiiiiiice lol.
Well, if I have my wits about me to check my time at the 5km mark then I'll chime in. I think my coach wants me near death for it though, so no promises.

Quote | Reply
Hmmm...I may be interested...I have to ask my coach if I can do a 5k in the next week.
Quote Reply
Re: Trying to recruit more womens for the Virtual 5K [D!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha! Have fun with your run test! I only had to do a 20 min run test. Good reason to do short course I suppose?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just so you know, I have a time in mind and if I can't go faster than it I'm not playing. Or, if it is the slowest I'm not playing. I'd like to keep the illusion of me being a great athlete in tact. I believe Michelle had the same condition.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Trying to recruit more womens for the Virtual 5K [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe I should put in a bunch of imaginary slow people?

-----
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What do I get if I place in my ag?

I'm doing a 30min run test on Saturday, certainly will be going further than 5km though.

Hehehe funny. ;)

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Trying to recruit more womens for the Virtual 5K [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You callin me slow? Ohhh... now I'm really fired up for this run test! Ok, not really. I'm actually really enjoying watching The Way We Were. Stupid run test lol

Quote | Reply
Cool! I've now got results from two womens, with a few more anticipated.

One week left.

-----
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
BTW, I've already gotten one fairly impressive submission that represented half of a 10K race.

-----
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is there still another week/weekend for this?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Trying to recruit more womens for the Virtual 5K [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, it's running through next weekend. I'll be doing my own official attempt in a few days.

-----
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I ran some mile repeats the other day, then I put my times into McMillan calculator and it said I could run at 5K in 19:30. Can I use that time. This is a virtual race after all :-)

I wish I could squeeze in a 5K sometime, but I just can't fit it in my training schedule without it killing another workout for a while.
Quote Reply
Re: Trying to recruit more womens for the Virtual 5K [PirateGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Careful, there . . . I have learned much about ranting from Dev Paul on the 100/100 thread. I'm just looking for an opportunity to put my studies into practice.

BTW - I really had no idea that so many people's workouts were as scheduled as seems to be the case. Huh. Welcome to the world of coached athletes, I suppose. Seems to work well for lots of people, but I think I'm too obstinate for it.

-----
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it's not so much that my coach won't allow it... He provides more of a guide and a group to train with But I have an olmpic tri this weekend and really needed a loonngg run last weekend. There was a local 5k I thought about but I knew it would hurt my long run later in the day.

And I'm not gonna make 100 runs anyway. I'm a little overtrained and know I shouldn't run today. So 99 is where I am at.
Quote Reply