Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tri suit or cycling shorts
Quote | Reply
Ladies,

I am seeking some advice on equipment for a female friend of mine. I am an avid road rider and have recently been blessed with a training partner that is new to cycling. She has been a great motivator for me this winter and I want to reward her by getting her the right equipment for her first duathlon this spring. She is a fit lady but is fairly top heavy.

I have only competed in road racing events and have zero idea of what is needed for a duathlon or triathlon.

The questions are:
For a duathlon would a person where cycling shorts or would it be better to where a Tri suit?
Being she is top heavy, is it better to have a one piece suit, bib, shorts…?
Is other gear needed?

Being that I have a relationship with Orbea, I would prefer to stay with Orbea or Orca clothing but would rather her have the right equipment if that is best.

Thank you in advance for the advice.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri suit or cycling shorts [yamaharacer-123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a nice idea! Okay, so for a duathlon or triathlon I wear tri shorts (less padding makes it easy to run in) a good sports bra, and a tri top. If the tri top doesn't have a shelf bra inside, then I also wear a crop top underneath. I swim in the bra and have no problems.

Once again, a lovely idea for a "thank-you" for a friend!
Quote Reply
Re: Tri suit or cycling shorts [yamaharacer-123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What a nice friend you are!!

For a duathlon or triathlon I would recommend that you get her trishorts or a trisuit. The cycling pad could make the cycling portion a bit uncomfortable.

If she is heavier on top you might want to go with a separate tri top/tri short combo, since many tri tops have a built in shelf bra and this might offer her more support, although she can always add her own sports bra under the trisuit or tritop. I have an active wear clothing company http://www.threeactive.com and we sell a lot more tri short/shirt combo's than tri suits, so I think most women are more comfortable in the shorts/top combo. Just an FYI- we also sell some Orca products and have a promotion right now of 30% off all orders through the end of the month, plus we always offer Free shipping, here is a link to the Orca products (it is mixed with mens & womens) - http://www.threeactive.com/...n_Clothing_s/140.htm

As far as other gear I am sure she has most of it- one other thing you might want to consider is a race-belt for her number during the run portion.

Good luck!!
Quote Reply