Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training programs
Quote | Reply
Hello all
I am looking for a new training program
I have been using mine for 3 years now, used thru an IM and 6 1/2 (I modified it)
although I am scared to trust another I feel the need
I have the knowlege to write my own but am lazy

I have looked at training peaks
oh yea
I need it for 1/2 IM Kansas

any exerience with some
thanks a bunch
Quote Reply
Re: Training programs [trichic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This year I'm using the half IM workout from Gale Bernhardt's book "Training Plans for Multisport Athletes" http://www.amazon.com/Training-Plans-Multisport-Athletes-Essential/dp/1931382921/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1203482679&sr=8-1She has a variety of training plans to choose from (I'm doing the 27 week HIM one, as I wanted a longer base building period.) It's my first time trying it, so I can't tell you results yet, but so far I've been really happy with it. I like that it schedules in blocks of time rather than specific distances and I feel like it has a good "building blocks" feel to it. My biggest challenge has been consistency, so I've been trying to put myself in a "just do the workouts and don't think about it" frame of mind and so far so good.

I found it at the public library initially, then broke down and bought the damn thing because I liked it so much.

Michelle

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take a look at Endurance Nation. Rich Strauss is da bomb. Very reasonable prices for a variety of training programs. Fully supported by their forum. Or, you can get more specialized training help by paying more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I second the book mdraegernyc said. I used it last year for my first half IM and it worked great. This year I'm using the 27 weeks to a Half IM for the same reasons. It has some other plans that you can follow. It even gives you the tools to modify them if you want.
Quote Reply
Re: Training programs [Maui] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much
I am going to B & N today to buy it
I am also going to buy Workouts in a binder

Ya know it is nerve racking to try another training plan
But I trust everyone's word

Have a great day!

It is cold outside!!!!
I miss summer!

http://www.trainerbecky.com