Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training Question
Quote | Reply
I have huge thighs. The rest of my body is pretty toned, but I can't seem to tone my inner thighs. This is a problem, because when I run, they rub together and chafe. Any ideas about how to tackle this issue?

Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Training Question [krclark7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As it is a myth that you can 'spot reduce', I would suggest wearing compression-style shorts. They were a life-saver for me when I weighed 50 lbs more than I do now.

Losing weight may help, but understand that it goes on and off in areas where you are genetically pre-disposed to carry your body fat. Therefore, if you are built like a pear more than an apple, and people generally lose from top down (face to feet), your weight loss will be frustrating slow. You may notice your breasts getting smaller before your hips and inner thighs.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto here. I use the compression style shorts/capris for most of my runs, and for longer runs, I'll slap on some body glide on the inner thighs as well. I very rarely wear "short shorts" for running.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chub rub. My nemesis.

I like longer compressions shorts. Anything too short and it rides up. The length needs to go about 2 inches below my thickest part for this not to happen. It does happen less and less and there becomes less and less of me, but I suspect it will always be an issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Training Question [christiekate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another member of the sisterhood of chub rub here. The best solution for me has been compression shorts, or "short tights" as some manufacturers refer to them, with a 5.5-6 inch in-seam. Saucony makes a "power knit" pair that I particularly like, and they are about half the price of true compression shorts. I've got one pair of the Saucony Ignite tight, which has a shorter in-seam, but I only use those for very short runs (3 miles).

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I definitely have to body glide the inner thighs. Sigh. Even getting down to my high school weight, I still have the issue. It's just how some folks are made. Hang in there, looks like between the compression shorts suggestion and body glide, it should help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ditto on compression shorts - anything else slowly becomes a thong over the course of a long run. I like Moving Comforts shorts with the cotton crotchal area that goes from side to side instead of front to back. genius.
Quote Reply
Re: Training Question [SusanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another vote for moving comfort!!! I wear them for races!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a DON'T Do --- stay away from the adduction machine. It's the one that you have pads near your knees and you press in, using inner thigh muscle. It will just build more muscle in that area = chunkier thighs, not smaller ones.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply