Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

This could be my motivation to start training again!
Quote | Reply
I think I might have discovered the perfect recovery food.

I was at the grocery tonight and decided to check out the baking aisle (guess I wanted to check on flour prices or something). In the baking aisle they had this:

I got got the minis...Molten Caramel Cake... The minis are advertised to only take 30 seconds to 'bake' and only have 150 calories. Thinking that this and a scoop of ice cream would make a great recovery food, I hit the ice cream aisle (must not touch the ice cream until after I ride, must not touch the ice cream until after I ride, must not touch the ice cream....)

This is like the Easy Bake Oven for adults! Only easier!

Now I have my motivation to put my bike together and go for a ride this weekend!
Last edited by: GhiaGirl: Apr 25, 08 1:33
Quote Reply
Re: This could be my motivation to start training again! [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love those!! I put a small amount of whipped creme on mine, but ice cream sounds better>
Quote Reply
Re: This could be my motivation to start training again! [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
man I had finally forgotten about those! I've never tried 'em, but they sure look good on TV. I'm guessing HFCS in them though? While getting rid of it in my diet is difficult, I'm starting by just not adding new sources ;)

---
Miles of Life --- Powered by MarkyV
Quote Reply
Re: This could be my motivation to start training again! [kylie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guiltless Gourmet makes a "healthier" version w/o HFCS.
http://www.guiltlessgourmet.com/...erts/blackvelvet.php

Mmmm.... cake....
Quote Reply
Re: This could be my motivation to start training again! [squesen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mmmm.... guess I've got to go grocery shopping! :)

---
Miles of Life --- Powered by MarkyV
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought them and they are incredible. I decided not to read the ingredient list for a change and enjoyed it for the bad treat that it is!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why must you do this to me. Just as we're talking about cutting diet coke out of my life and generally cleaning up my act, you show me this. Hopefully they're not available in Canada. If they are, don't tell me! haha

Quote | Reply
I guess you missed Oregano's while you were here for IMAz, huh?

They do an amazing dessert, take a mini cake round form (about 6" across), fill the bottom with cookie dough (Couple different kinds, I'm partial to chocka chip), bake until about 2/3 done and still mushy and gooey.

Top with ice cream, serve with spoons.

MMmm.....maybe I'll take the wife this weekend, after all, I HAVE been training :)~

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: This could be my motivation to start training again! [squesen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh man, they don't sell those in Hawaii. I might have to have my mom send me some!

I ended up going out for a ride today and it was nice and sunny all the way out, when I turned around to head home it started pouring and poured for the hour it took me to get home.

All the way home I was looking forward to a warm brownie with caramel! That and a glass of milk. It was sooooo good! I'll keep the second one for Sunday with ice cream!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man, those look goooood. But I ate about 8 pounds of Oreos over the weekend in Xantusia so I seriously need to step away from the sugar.
Quote Reply
Re: This could be my motivation to start training again! [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I guess you missed Oregano's while you were here for IMAz, huh?

They do an amazing dessert, take a mini cake round form (about 6" across), fill the bottom with cookie dough (Couple different kinds, I'm partial to chocka chip), bake until about 2/3 done and still mushy and gooey.

Top with ice cream, serve with spoons.

MMmm.....maybe I'll take the wife this weekend, after all, I HAVE been training :)~

John
The pizookie!!! I love those from Oregano's...

Their pizza is fantastic too!!

I think there's one here in Tucson, but we have Sauce which is also great pizza. The crust is so thin I eat a whole pizza whenever I go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
!!
Do you even bake them?

I have been eating those things for about a year. I am the only non celiac in a gluten free household. I buy those things and stash them. When nobody is looking I just mix it with a little ice cold water and eat it the way it is. (baking it and eating it in front of everyone would be mean). I never throught of it as recovery food though -- is there any protein? I avoid looking at certain types of food labels.

Anyway -- just FYI you don't even really need to wait for the oven to pre-heat :-)
Quote Reply
Re: This could be my motivation to start training again! [WeRide] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This product is very high in fat content and nothing else. If you are all muscle, slim and race like Lance Armstrong, then go for it. (Even Lance doesn’t eat it).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks I went and bought these last night!!!!! :-/
Quote Reply
Re: This could be my motivation to start training again! [pine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
This product is very high in fat content and nothing else. If you are all muscle, slim and race like Lance Armstrong, then go for it. (Even Lance doesn’t eat it).

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: This could be my motivation to start training again! [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I understand that but wouldn’t it be better to train first and get rewarded later.
Eat healthy, feel good, get motivated, train and then the reward when you feel you earned it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Oh come on, I'm sure there's plenty of sugar in there too!

;-)

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: This could be my motivation to start training again! [Jodi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I forgot about the sugar, that makes it much better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ummmm....that's what I do.

Jen

Quote Reply
Re: This could be my motivation to start training again! [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even better... homemade chocolate lava cake... dark chocolate, flour, butter, amoretto, cinnamon.. yum.

Most recipies make enough for like 8-10 cakes.

I make two or three and keep the batter for a couple of weeks... ya know... spoon full for ummm emergencies and stuff.

Breakfast is for Closers
Quote Reply