Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The womens?
Quote | Reply
I like them!

Wait, am I posting in the wrong forum? :)

--
"Rock and roll, dude." -- Dave Z., on winning TTs in all 3 Grand Tours.
Quote Reply
Re: The womens? [guywithabike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a new forum. A kinder, gentler Slowtwitch forum... Ask CLM about it...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: The womens? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If that's all this forum is is it really necessary? Seems to me I just have to check another forum now.
Last edited by: secondwind: Feb 5, 08 23:04
Quote Reply
Re: The womens? [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it April 1st already? Man, I only have 14 days to file my taxes...and I'm behind on my training!

This should be interesting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alright......this is perfect......

I've been wanting to try out a few new lines......ahem......

Hey sweetie, can I borrow a quarter? I wanna call your mama and thank her.....

Darlin' you must me named Jelly, 'cause jam sure don't shake like that!

If I was in charge of the alphabet, I'd put U next to I.....

How am I doin' so far???

Dan DeMaio
---------------------------------------------------------
Life is like riding a bicycle.
To keep your balance you must keep moving.
- Albert Einstein
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
guywithabike - no, you're not in the wrong forum. Post away!

secondwind - not going to go there. Yes, it's necessary and we're not going to justify it to anyone. You don't have to check this forum if you don't want to.

Dan - keep working on it. You're close, but not quite there yet! :)
Quote Reply
Re: The womens? [secondwind] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If that's all this forum is is it really necessary?

Maybe not for you, be we girls actually have quite a bit of email traffic between us, this is for us. Feel free to participate or not. Do not feel free to complain about something that has to potential to not affect you at all.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See Slowman's recent post (towards the bottom) for a little more explanation of the reason behind this thread.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...post=1647411#1647411
Quote Reply
Re: The womens? [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ohh! I got one:

"Your lips are like cherry wine and I want to get drunk tonight!"

What do I win?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: The womens? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@ Dawn and Katy

I wasn't complaining. I just hate to see forums get split up. It's a lot easier to miss a thread that you might otherwise want to participate in. If there's a need for the forum there's a need for the forum, but apparently one can't ask what that need is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
>>If there's a need for the forum there's a need for the forum, but apparently one can't ask what that need is. <<

The need doesn't matter. It was requested and Dan so nicely obliged.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: The womens? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What do I win?

Some crackers to go with that cheese.

Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: The womens? [Katy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What do I win?

Some crackers to go with that cheese.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More like:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey! Hey! HEY! ... I am not easy ...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, sorry. I have to go change something I wrote on the bathroom wall now....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My thoughts - my wife does a solitiary "women's only" triathlon every year which she says is great fun since it's all girls, but would never want to do women's only triathlons exclusively, although a certain % of women do.

As an analagy I'll guess that most of the women who post on The Womens forum will also continue to post on the main forum. Nice thing is that you now have a forum for specific women's issues and a place to go for intelligent conversation at times when the testosterone b.s. on the main forum needs a knife to cut through it.

I think it's a great idea. I hope my wife stops lurking and starts posting now.

That's my $.02. I'd better now head back to the main forum where I belong.:-)
Quote Reply
Re: The womens? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's an excellent analogy. Hope to see your wife soon.

Quote Reply
Re: The womens? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>>I think it's a great idea. I hope my wife stops lurking and starts posting now. <<

That's exactly the reason it was started. Tell her to post away!!

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Re: The womens? [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't realize there were so many womens until I read the Roll Call thread. Cool.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wanted to post this in the thread "can we have a mens forum too" but I expect it isn't a widely read thread just from the title.

Quote:
If that's all this forum is is it really necessary?
Does something that is "wanted" have to also be necessary? If so, I can't explain all my bikes as necessary.

I got a better understanding of why women want these sorts of things when I instructed at an all women's (womens to irritate iron3fit :) ) MTB camp. On day two, it was time to take the womens on a long ride deep into the trails, have a lunch and ride back. Nearing the end, one of them got all reflective and a little sappy on the experience as a whole and started discussing "womens only" thing, and how excited she was when she heard it was offered (all the stuff about riding without her boyfriend telling her all time about what she did wrong, or too slowly or whatever was going on with her ), how much more eager she was to show up knowing no men would be there, and how great it all turned out for her and her friends and on an on and on.

So she said, in all seriousness "why don't you folks also put together some men's only camps, that would be good for my boyfriend, now I KNOW he does a ton of stuff wrong that he tries to make me do...".

I reflected on my answer, and said "Go ahead and mention to any guy that he could go to a weekend-long mountain bike camp, the first thing he'd ask is: 'will there be some chicks there?' "

nuf said.

Paul

ErgVideo.com
Quote Reply
Re: The womens? [Paul Smeulders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>>Does something that is "wanted" have to also be necessary? If so, I can't explain all my bikes as necessary. <<

QUOTE OF THE DAY!!!

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply