Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The best way/s to be a supportive husband to my wife?
Quote | Reply
We're at 16+ weeks. I go to all the appointments. I read all the books. Which isn't to say I rock, but whatever. I'll keep doing this stuff, plus providing massages and other requested services.

But what other things can I do to take it to the next level? So far my wife is having a really nice experience. She had "morning sickness", but not too bad, and not when she had a saltine or two to start the morning as I suggested. Most of her "sickness" was at night (post evening nap).

Right now she's happy heading into the second trimester, looking/feeling great, doing well, etc.

She's wanting to keep her weight in check, but I'm trying to help her not be tooooo focused on that (she's not a tri person, but definitely wants to keep her weight gain in check). My goal is to just keep her active and healthy. We do push ups and sit ups every night for fun (a thing we've always done, but have stepped it up during the pregnancy).

Best ways to support her? Special ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: The best way/s to be a supportive husband to my wife? [Tridiot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tell her she is beautiful, paint her toenails for her when she can't reach them, buy her ice cream, be calm when she starts to panic that she is not ready, don't laugh when she starts to nest. Most of all spend all the quality time you can together before your life changes in ways you couldn't imagine :-) Be careful on the situps, they need to be modified when you are prego.
Quote Reply
Re: The best way/s to be a supportive husband to my wife? [pookie87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We're on the situps. We've modified them to at least be "modified crunches from an all-fours" position.

So far I have all the other areas, as they have come up to date.
Quote Reply
Re: The best way/s to be a supportive husband to my wife? [Tridiot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been there, done that, twice in fact. Just try to be more attentative, do more of the chores, spend more time with her and cut back on your training time if necessary. Your new child will be far more important than any triathlon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about planning a non-race related vacation sometime in the next month or so - something relaxing that she would enjoy. Life won't be quiet for a few years ;)
Quote Reply
Re: The best way/s to be a supportive husband to my wife? [Ironmom1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about the Mediterranean cruise we have coming up? :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Save your best stuff for the last few weeks when she's big and uncomfortable and ready to be all done being pregnant... though the best stuff is really just the little things that you might help her take care of every day.

Get her a nice gift for after she gives birth (jewelry is good here). :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto to everything everyone else has said, also do your best to be patient when she obsesses over little details about paint colors or decorations.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, after being there 3 times. I was about to offer some advise. Then I realized that I have none. I still dont understand.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am at 32 weeks preggers and the best thing my husband has done for me is picking up his crap off the floor so I don't have to squat to pick it up. Oh yea he also does the back massages and is supportive of my weight gain. But the thing I really love the most is not bending over to pick something up. Seriously, I never thought that would be an "issue" but with no ab strength my lower back is killing me. HERE is a link to my blog post about losing my abs and what my doc said about doing ab work.

A couple of the other things I like are not getting a look when I want a cookie or a bowl of ice cream, being told I am still pretty when I clearly feel like a puffy version of my old self, reminders that what I am going through is a temporary sacrifice, the physical sacrifice IS a big deal even though it will be over soon, it is ok to feel crappy about feeling crappy, and finally I really like it when he has ideas about the baby's room, clothes, name, toys, etc. I really like knowing he has an opinion about the baby stuff, that way I don't feel like I am calling ALL the shots.

Hope that was helpful. I agree, the babymoon is a good idea too.

Heather Sweet
http://thesweetsadventure.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply