Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
The Womens at IMC
Quote | Reply
We Seattlites have been chatting on another thread about who will be at IMC. Mdraegernyc and I are driving up together on Saturday and I know QRGirl and cuds will be there.

Time for a rollcall and an attempt to get us all in one location for some encouragement and identification so we know who all to cheer for.

I plan on being there mid afternoon on Saturday and was thinking about doing something aroun 4:00 so our racers can get back home/hotel and get ready.

Ideas for locations?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: The Womens at IMC [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We'll be there with two toddlers in tow! lol We're driving up Saturday as well, staying in Westbank with family tho.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do we want to do food & drinks (I guess of the non-alcoholic type for some of us... damn! lol) or are we thinking something else? We could always meet at either the peach or the expo for whateverness.

Quote | Reply
I'll leave that up to you racers since you might have family and plans for that evening already.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have parents, but they are big kids now and can manage on their own teeheehee.

I'm up for whatever so just tell me where to be :)

Quote | Reply
OK, let me put on my thinking cap and come up with a couple ideas. Probably good to sit down, racers shouldn't be walking around much on Saturday.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there too, racing even. I do my eating on my own so I won't be looking for food with the group. But it would be fun to put faces to names. I get into Penticton on Thursday early afternoon.

Karen

---------------------------------------------------------------

"There's good all around you, you just have to be able to see it".
Quote Reply
Re: The Womens at IMC [YVR K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I figured that was the case with most people because I'm the same way. Maybe we should just go tubing :-)

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TUBING & FOOD! Wow, I'm really sabotaging my race aren't I? haha

Quote | Reply
Tubing is always fun, AFTER the race!!

---------------------------------------------------------------

"There's good all around you, you just have to be able to see it".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am up for it!

My family is cooking dinner together, early-ish. So, short and sweet works best for me.
Quote Reply
Re: The Womens at IMC [Oleander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about we meet at the Sicamous and grab a table or some beach. That way there isn't any walking around, racers can stay off their feet and if we want to motivate for something to eat/drink we can. Otherwise, get a tan!

Does 4:00 work for everyone or should we shoot for 3:00?

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Us volunteer womens have a meeting at 3, so if 4 works for the racing ladies that would be my preference. Otherwise, I shall just be a bit late...

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Re: The Womens at IMC [mdraegernyc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's do 4 so that everyone can be there then, since I think there are a few of you doing the volunteer thing?

Quote | Reply
My partner and I have a pretty big place with kitchen at the Bowmont across from the Sicamous.
If people wanted to get together there for pasta and so forth, I'd be happy to have you all (gives me something other than freaking out to do :) )

Miranda
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a mens, and will be up there from this Friday (15/08/08) through Labour Day.

Not racing, not volunteering, but will be out on course throughout the day - chasing the leaders early on, and then back out to watch everyone else later in the day.

There's been a movement to try to strongarm me into signing up to race next year as well - though I'm not certain that I'm quite ready to face that sort of a training commitment again...

I'm up for a get together whenever, wherever, and invite anyone who's still around to watch me getting my ass kicked by Tom Evans - assuming he's got the cajones to show up for our smackdown! http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ew_flat;post=1870255

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: The Womens at IMC [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cmon, if P and I are signing up, you should too! ;-)

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: The Womens at IMC [Miranda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You may want to reconsider until you know how many of us plan to invade ;-)

That does sound perfect though. Should we make it official and have you host? I can swing by the store and pick up whatever you need.

Khai, I'll be there for the smackdown if he has the juice to show up.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah. Does dinner at 5 work for everyone? Getting to bed early is good :)

I'll post a room number once I dig it up.
It would be a great help if people could RSVP so I know how much food to cook.
I was thinking pasta, garlic bread ... nothing real fancy but if people want to bring other stuff as well, that's great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh I meant to add that there is a huge courtyard if we end up with too many peeps for my hotel room (I had about 10 in there for dinner last year no problem) :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's awesome!!!

Just as a side note to everyone... looks like I will be working for Gatorade for a few days while I'm up there so you'll have to stop by the booth! Hoping to coordinate the morning swims too! :D

Quote | Reply
i will definitely come by to say hi although I'm going to do dinner with my family probably at 5:30 or 6:00.

Looking forward to meeting you all :)

my severely neglected blog
Quote Reply
Re: The Womens at IMC [jess!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you in my age group (25-29)? Just saw your race number...

Quote | Reply
i am! although with the new age up rule, i'm going to be racing 30-34 next year even though i'll be 29 for the whole season :(

my severely neglected blog
Quote Reply
Re: The Womens at IMC [jess!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great... so I actually have to "know" someone that is gonna kick my ass? Damn it! lol

Prev Next