Recent goings on include:
- EVERYTHING, EVERY CONVERSATION, EVERYTHING IS ABOUT HER
- My christmas gift: overnight babysitting
- My husbands gift: $50 Gift Certificate
- My children's gift: a day with her to pick out a dress (individually) Note: she does this so that I can't say no, it's her passive agressive way to spend time with the children rather than just asking like NORMAL people do
- Her "food-for thought" (aka my idea is better than yours and it works better for me) comments
- Background info: My brother-in-law has 3 FELONY charges against him currently and is awaiting trial in January (charges include trying to set up sex with an 11 year old (aka "sharing") via her father (aka "Detective") online). Once my husband I became privy of the charges and details we immediately initated a 'new normal' with that side of the family to protect our daughters (ages 4 and 2 1/2). We have since been accused by the sister-in-law (and husband) of betraying them and have postponed any relationship with us until after the trial (As IF that will change anything for us). Anyhow, the MIL tells me "I can't believe he would be so stupid to joke like that" - WTF!
- Just recently she jumped on her Huffy bike when I told her she couldn't come over to our house at the time she told me because it wasn't convenient for us (it was during the time my parents would be here celebrating Christmas with our daughters and the MIL would RUIN this time based on the 1st bullet).
- Last summer my husband and I spent a great part of the summer enjoying our family unit of 4 (camping, swimming, playing, etc.) and were accused of IGNORING her all summer.
- She insists every holiday is celebrated twice (so it can be at her house).
- When she plays with my girls it's always on HER agenda. They get so frustrated being 'led' doing her activities (they are 4 and 2 1/2 let them just play for cryin' out loud) that when she brings them home they act out due to pent up frustration.
- She puts THOUGHT into her son's gifts (down to the friggn' wrapping paper she chooses) - and no one else.
- Everything she does is based on the guilt she feels for allowing her ex-husband to take her son (my husband) back to their hometown (across the country) when he was 5 years old (this lasted for 5 years).
- I try to talk to her about how I feel (on certain items) and she either changes the subject or flat out ignores me.
- She constantly bitches to me about her 'now' husband (who is really a great guy).
- the list really could go on-and-on...
I think what has put me over the edge is the fact that she was suppose to be out-of-town for Christmas. So a reprieve. This Mother F'n Snow jacked that up and she is now home. I've been diggn' my heels in when it comes to 'her wants' (when they don't work for us) and I can sense the tension rising. I'm so fed up with it though. I'm honestly not sure what to do. My husband has had 35 years learning how to deal with his mom (which is ignoring her). I've had 12 and it doesn't seem to be getting any easier for me. What do ya do? I feel like I'm putting my husband in the middle because I'm usually pissed off at his mom for some reason. Yet at the same time, the woman is IMPOSSIBLE to be around most of the time.
Life is Short...Run Long