Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Team Xantusia and the honorable flat
Quote | Reply
Ironman California 70.3 has now come and gone. Upon reflection, my experience was better than I thought on race day. A swim personal record and a run personal record were good achievements for the day.

However, not falling off of my bike was as good as I could accomplish last Saturday. My first race-day flat came after hitting a torn-up piece of asphalt while stalking (at a race-legal distance, of course) the second-place age-group rider in front of me. I am now happy that I don't have road rash scars to heal from. The new tire on its maiden voyage was destroyed and perhaps the carbon-fiber wheel was fractured as well.

So now, I count my blessings that I stayed upright on my bike and will live to race another day. My only hope is that I don't have to replace tires and wheels after 29 miles of use.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Team Xantusia and the honorable flat [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sally, sorry to hear about your flat, that is a bummer. But to PR the swim and run makes up for it! Congratulations!
Quote Reply
Re: Team Xantusia and the honorable flat [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aww, that's bad luck! but you obviously didn't let it get you down too much, if you PR'd the run afterward - awesome! great job on the PR swim, too! :)

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I stood on the side of the road feeling sorry for myself for a half-hour and not doing my kit very proud...

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply