Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swimming plateau?
Quote | Reply
So over the past few weeks, I have been noticing that I have been STRUGGLING in the pool. I am having trouble keeping good form, stroke count increased by 2 strokes per length, and if I try to get my typical stroke count I use a lot of energy. My speed has not decreased, but my RPE has increased. What's up with that?
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming plateau? [spacebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you increased your running/cycling volume and/or intensity? In those big training weeks the swimming just suffers.

Anything else changed? Sometimes I'll feel sluggish in a different suit, or when the pool is a few degrees warmer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how often do you swim?
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming plateau? [mellorite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have increased intensity in my cycling, but the volume is pretty much the same. I guess maybe my body is just tired - but I've just been noticing it for a short period of time and nothing else I'm doing is suffering so badly! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Swimming plateau? [tegra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm swimming 3x/week - one session of 45 minutes, and two of 60 minutes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hmm - how many strokes do you do per 25m?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Usually around 19-20, but lately I have been struggling to keep even that! It used to be if I was having a good day I would do around 17...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's been me too lately! I think it's just overall tiredness... just keep at it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah dude, 19-20 is alright :) just chill out, give it a month, and if things don't get better, try doing a couple weeks at 5 practices a week to see if that helps. in my experience, if i swim less than 4 times a week, my stroke starts suffering.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, I guess I'll just let it go for now and not spend too much energy worrying about it! :) Thanks guys!
Quote Reply