Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swim day skincare ladies?
Quote | Reply
Hi Womens,

Swimming makes my face look like 15 years older, and it's itchy. I use some face wash immediately after swimming, and I put on some pretty thick face cream (Dr. Hauschka's Rose Day cream--it's dope yo). But my eyes wind up incredibly baggy and the rest of my face feels tight and gross.

Tips? Tricks? Has anyone messed around with different goggles for middle-aged female eye sockets maybe?

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim day skincare ladies? [BingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use this (Drunk Elephant LaLa Retro) as my daily moisturizer and as I found out when Dan yelled out of the bathroom one morning "Do you have anymore of this because I just finished it", so does Dan. It totally holds up for swimming and cold weather and actually I've been using little dabs of it on my wrist where my silicone watch strap gives me dry skin.
Quote Reply
Re: Swim day skincare ladies? [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Top tip! Thanks, Scheher, I'll try it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I mix some of my Zealios dechlorinating body wash with my face wash, and that seems to help with the dry/tightness. I use an eye cream that has a high concentration of hyaluronic acid (Estee Lauder Advanced Time Zone) and that seems to help with goggle eyes.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Last edited by: Dr_Cupcake: Jan 31, 21 13:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use CeraVe moisturizing facial cleanser (they are/were a USA Swimming sponsor), daily, and after swims. The normal to dry skin version. For daily face moisturizer, I use IT Confidence in a Cream, as it Is supposed to help with redness (I have rosacea, and having to wear a mask all day doesn’t help.).

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: Swim day skincare ladies? [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These are all great tips folks! I'm slowly integrating some of the products y'all mention, and I already feel a lot better on swim day.

Quote Reply
Re: Swim day skincare ladies? [SDCali] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the IT Cosmetics Cream too and love it. Have finished so many jars and keep re-purchasing.

I have the same issues with goggle eyes though. In my late 40s and I swear I look 20 years older on the days I swim. I get deep goggle grooves, then my under eye area gets super puffy.

I will definitely try out some of the suggestions here! I'm curious if anyone has found a good concealer that helps too?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Following!
I've been using ROC's Multi Correxion daily moisturizer - mostly because our gym is still really strict about masks and I can smear it all over my face very quickly right after the shower and then mask back up. It's sort of an all-in-one with some sunscreen and sparkle, but it's not very heavy or moisturizing. Will try the IT cream!!

I do use a hyaluronic serum at night with retinol and on non-swim days with a C&E serum and sunscreen. I'm never sure when to put it on though - some information says to put it on right away on a clean slightly wet face, and then top with something else, and then other places say it has to go on top of everything to "suck in the water" from the air or whatever it's supposed to do. Not to piggyback, but any tips on that are welcome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use Aveda Rich Cream after rinsing off my face - like, immediately. As soon as that 'tight' feeling starts, I find it's almost too late. My whole body looks like a lobster after swimming in our local pool... ugh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have hideous goggle eyes post swimming. I am 57 and my lovely Irish skin just does not bounce back! Run caps do the same to my forehead. :(

I am going to give the Magic5 goggles a try next month when I get back in the pool. I also am trying preparation h for marks post swim on a tip from another gal.

I have also used Garnier eye roller in the past. Helps a touch. I bought a new one I found on amazon called Beaueli Cosmetics premium eye serum roller. Similar to Garnier roller, but with peptides, ceramides and hyraluronic acid.

I am too damn vain for a girl who does tri and rarely wears makeup. I just hate those goggle eyes though! Fingers crossed a combo of the goggles and creams helps!

Good luck finding the right combo for you!
Quote Reply
Re: Swim day skincare ladies? [TrishM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At age 60, I have been swimming in Barracuda goggles for a decade for that reason. The memory foam stops the goggle marks from forming.

You can’t dive off the blocks with them because they stick out so far, but for training, they leave no marks at all.

The rest of my skin care includes Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair. It literally makes my face feel better and less cracked after I put it on.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
same problem, tnx for recommendations! Luckily I found well-known beauty clinic in Brooklyn. My beautician prescribed me the right treatment. Plus I started botox injections and looks much more better now. They provide all beauty procedures at the highest level and have affordable prices.
Last edited by: WilliG: Jun 3, 21 4:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use Vanicream for my eczema and will slather my face with it after showering so that it locks in the moisture!
Quote Reply