Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swim bag that doesn't make me look like one of the "guppy" kids?
Quote | Reply
Hi ladies,

This is kind of a ridiculous question, but can anyone recommend a good swim bag?

For context: I swim at two different local pools and sometimes OW, so getting a locker is out. But I feel like 3/4 of my swim workout is taken up by digging down to the bottom of my Mary Poppins bag to find goggles, dealing with nested bags of clothes/shoes/undergarments, trying to use my sopping wet towels to wrap up my sopping wet paddles/fins/buoy, and basically turning any space within a 7-ft parameter of my swim bag into what looks like a controlled explosion of damp, chlorinated crap.

I've tried variations on the netted gear bags made by Speedo and Tyr, but because I often swim on the college campus where I work, I'd rather not be dragging what looks like dripping fishing gear behind me across campus. Right now I'm using an old beach bag, but I have to stuff it with the aforementioned nested bags to keep my clothes dry on the pool deck; it's also so overstuffed that I've had colleagues express concern that I was going to either hurt myself or fall over. They're probably not wrong.

TL:DR: I'd love to find a bag (backpack or duffle-like) that keeps wet and dry separate, has compartments for both big and small gear, space for my minimal [but necessary] post-pool toiletries, and doesn't look like those giant, candy-colored bags that little kids take to their swim lessons.

Any suggestions? (Commiseration is welcome, too!) Thanks in advance and, as Dory says, keep on swimming!

[what Yoda said about trying]
Quote Reply
Re: Swim bag that doesn't make me look like one of the "guppy" kids? [fyrberd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use one that looks similar to this : https://www.arenasport.com/...k-core-backpack.html it’s a more “normal” sized backpack. Has a compartment on the bottom for wet stuff.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Re: Swim bag that doesn't make me look like one of the "guppy" kids? [fyrberd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply