Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Strength training time
Quote | Reply
Hey ladies! Question: do you count strength training time into your weekly training hours, or do you just count the swimming, biking, and running? I am trying to make up an ATP and didn't know if I should count weight training. :) Thanx!

Mel.
Quote Reply
Re: Strength training time [spacebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it is helping your training and making you a better athlete next year include it. If it just to, keep you looking slim don't

Andy
Quote Reply
Re: Strength training time [Brind-Surch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what I thought! It's def sport-specific strength training that I'm doing, so I guess I'll count it. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Strength training time [spacebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I definitely count it! There's only a finite number of available hours, so the pie has to get divvied up somehow! Plus if it's a hard session I do feel the effects of it just as I would any other training session. And it's a great rainy/cold day excuse to not run/ride outside :)

Curious what you all focus on for strength training- I just try to maintain balance in my musculature, not particularly getting stronger in any one area. What do you do?
Quote Reply
Re: Strength training time [Lilac J] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am strength training to increase my force/power, and to try and avoid injury. I am currently doing high reps with lower weight in order to adapt to lifting, but will do some power work later in the season. Certain exercises were prescribed by physio in order to prevent relapse of my patellar tendonitis. When I was injured, my left inner quad shrank a TON due to limping, favoring my good leg, etc. so there were some major muscle imbalances happening. :)
Quote Reply