Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sports Bra Advice
Quote | Reply
A friend of mine who is a new runner has been having problems with her sports bras - specifically chafing around the baseline (?) of the bra. She's reasonably endowed - like maybe a B/C cup with one slightly larger than the other.

I am not sure what brand of sports bra she is wearing now, but she said it was a pretty expensive one. While the 'bounce' is not a problem, pain and marks on her body from chafing are. Since she is a new and unsocialized runner (thus far; trying to fix that), she may not be wearing the right kind of sports bra (?)

I did a search around here and saw some people with bounce issues getting the Hind Motion Sensor bra and the store here:

http://www.bradiva.com/...nd/hndmotionsen.html

I told her I'd ask around. Any advices?
Quote Reply
Re: Sports Bra Advice [Learn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wear Enell. I've got big boobs, what can I say, so I need the extra support. I've had absolutely no problems with chafing or anything and they are decently comfortable considering the job they need to do lol.
Have you suggested Bodyglide (or the like) to her?
Also, it's very possible that she's not wearing the right size. This can cause all sorts of issues. She should really try to get into a store that can do fittings.

Last edited by: cuds: Jun 30, 08 8:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just part of being a girl. Same as bloody nips for boys. Body glide is a good idea. I have actually not tried it, because i didn't think of it. I will now.

L
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitely Body Glide will help. If the bra fits and she's not bouncing, then she doesn't necessarily need a new bra. Chafing is going to happen no matter what bra you're wearing, IMO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chafing generally means the bra is shifting around while she runs. I never have chafing with proper fitting bras no matter the circumstances, but a bra that doesn't fit right can chafe on a 30min jog despite bodyglide. Either the elastic band (I guess this is what you mean by the 'base' of the bra) is in the wrong place under the breasts, or its not tight enough, or too tight? She may also just be using a bra with a cup size that is too big-- thus causing shifting issues. Try a bra with an adjustable back closure and firmer cups-- see if that helps. The Motion Sensor is a good one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is simply no substitute for the following:

Find women's sports store,
Bring 20 bras into changing room,
Jump up and down 10 times in each one.
Pick the best bra and buy maybe 2-3 of that model.

A good workout, in itself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Body glide, body glide, body glide! Use it under the breasts and on the shoulders where the straps hit.

2. Make sure size is correct. It is roughly estimated that about 70% or so of women wear the wrong size. We've got a size calculator on our site that is pretty easy to use so you can size at home: http://www.bradiva.com/size/index.html

3. Make sure the bra is on correctly. I got chafing while on vacation on the east coast last week-totally bc I didn't make sure the band was BELOW the boobs. Sigh. The best way to do it is to stick your hand in there and lift up the breast, or lean over while putting on the bra (if possible). Make sure the band is below the breasts completely.

4. Try some other bras out. Hind is on sale and is a great option. Enell is amazing-when they say no more bounce they really mean it!

Hope this helps!

Em

------------------------------------------------------------
Bra Diva
Find a sports bra that won't let you down!
www.BraDiva.com
Quote Reply
Re: Sports Bra Advice [Oleander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally agree.

And of course on body glide. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems she's more than a "friend" if you know that much about her cup size, etc :)
Quote Reply
Re: Sports Bra Advice [Runguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ex.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i am not well-endowed (big A, small B when I'm on the pill) but i have problems with chafing there during races. body glide has worked well for me. she should also make sure the sports bra isn't too tight.

"What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass for six hours a day. What are YOU on?" - Lance Armstrong
Quote Reply