Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Splish swimsuit sizing
Quote | Reply
I'm in need of a new swimsuit or 2 for the pool. I would like to get a Splish suit (their designs are awesome!) but I've never been good at suit sizing. I'm kind of a weird size as well. I'm 5' tall, 115 lbs on a good day, my waist size is about a 28 (definitely no tiny waist here but I'm not fat.. just not petite) and my bra size is a 34B/Cish. Does the suit size = waist size? bra size? Help! And I know men look at these threads so hi boys, there are my measurements..

---
IM Coeur D'Alene 2011
IM Wisconsin 2011
http://alexaharding.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Splish swimsuit sizing [JustJumpIt17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think swim suit sizing is more of a length of the suit thing/torso thing. And splish seems to rum pretty consistent with other brands.

But if it helps i'm 130-135 in season and wear a 30. Off season I'll easily be up to 145 and squeezing into a 30 can be done, but there's some back fat hanging over. I'm 5'10" tall.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Splish has a good sizing chart on the website that equates swimsuit size to dress size. Definitely check the chart because I know that their suits vary, ie - a 32 in one model might be equal to a 34 in another. It's a bit confusing, but I always just follow the charts & they fit fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Splish swimsuit sizing [PirateGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Torso length really is an issue. When buying a one piece, I always go down one from dress size because I've got a very short torso.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think they have a sale going on until today, 20% off all suits, including custom.
The code I used was VOICESCARRY.
For all you 80's chicks, they said the sale goes Til Tuesday, hence the coupon code :-).

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought I'd reply because I'm the same height/weight/waist/bra size (are we related?!) and like Splish suits. I have ordered 28 for my last 2, as I like them to be tight. When new, they are hard to get on, but they stay in place and feel fast. So that seems similar to the Speedo and Nike suits I've had. I just ordered a 2 piece from them in 'small' and, boy, its really small. Like, I probably won't wear it unless I lose a few lbs. They have good customer service, so give them a call or email with your questions. Also, the poly suits are less stretchy, so you might have to size up.
Last edited by: BigV: Apr 20, 10 14:03
Quote Reply
Re: Splish swimsuit sizing [BigV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
haha that's kind of nuts that we have the same dimensions! I just checked my current suit and it's a Speedo size 32. I might go with a 30 for the Splish because I hate when suits stretch out, but I'm also not sure I want to go the super-tight route - not that I'm necessarily concerned with a suit being "flattering" (because I don't think they ever are) but when they are super tight I feel like I look really gross!! Thanks for your input though!!!

---
IM Coeur D'Alene 2011
IM Wisconsin 2011
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a bit taller, but otherwise pretty similar size. I think a 30 would be your best bet. I have a 28 and a 30 for racing and prefer the 30 as it pulls a bit less on my shoulders.
Quote Reply
Re: Splish swimsuit sizing [mbellisracing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered 2 size 30s - really really ridiculous ones.. the sherriff one and the skeleton one! hahahah I figure that maybe it will make swimming a little more fun.

---
IM Coeur D'Alene 2011
IM Wisconsin 2011
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was also considering buying a splish suit, but I have problems with torso length. It sounds like we are similar in size. Do you consider yourself to have a long torso as well? I'm just wondering if a 30 will stretch enough...
Quote Reply
Re: Splish swimsuit sizing [JAFFe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, my torso is a little long.

As for sizing...I just tried on some speedo endurance fabric suits and more comfortably wear at 32 in those. I can fit into a 30 when I'm right at race weight, but the 32 is probably more comfortable. But regular speedo fabric is a 30.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! That helps.
Quote Reply
Re: Splish swimsuit sizing [JAFFe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wanted to try Splish....wear a 32 in Speedo Endurance....what size would you say in Ultra thin strap? 28? 30? I always thought Splish ran big. I am pretty thin..117-118..........thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Splish swimsuit sizing [TryPT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wear a 30/321 in the endurance and a 30 in the regular splish. I'm about 10-15 pounds heavier than you though. The super/ultra thin straps run 'bigger' i'd go with a 28 if I were you. Maybe even a 26, depending on how tall/short you are.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks...will try the 28......
Quote Reply