Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Spinoff thread/ 80's faves
Quote | Reply
I was in love with Jon Bon Jovi! I actually cried when he got married. Unlike Tawny, the years have been good to Jon...

Who was your heartthrob???
Quote Reply
Re: Spinoff thread/ 80's faves [braylan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I LOVED Tom Cruise. My dad shared his love interest of flying airplanes with me and when "Top Gun" came out....he won my heart forever (even despite his recent stupidness lately).

Quote | Reply
When I was in high school I was convinced I was going to marry Roger Taylor, the drummer from Duran Duran. Oh boy, the fantasies I had about him. I love the "Hungry Like a Wolf" video. Very sexy. Ok, taper needs to be over now. I need to RACE PLACID!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Spinoff thread/ 80's faves [fitzie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
River Phoenix did it for me.... tragedy
His brother Joaquin is hot in a weird way

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had an infatuation with all the 80s hair metal bands -- especially Poison. About 3 years ago, I got to live my pre-teen dream of being a Poison groupie for a weekend. It turns out Rikki Rockett (the drummer) is a collector of vintage motor scooters - vespas and lambrettas. When they were on tour that year, his PR person contacted all of the local scooter clubs where they had a couple days off and she got in contact with a friend of mine. So while they were in Chicago, we took Rikki and his body guard, Big John (of Rock of Love fame) on a scooter tour of the city, to the Chicago Diner, and the local scooter shop. The next day, we road out scooters with Rikki and Big John to the Tweeter Center, had great seats for the show and back stage passes. We got to meet the whole band and Motley Crue and Skid Row who they were on tour with. Back stage was a madhouse. There were tons of scantly clad women throwing themselves on the "rock stars". What was funny, was that Rikki was way more interested in talking to us clothed women and men about scooters and life that dealing with the groupies. The rest of the band was another story....

In terms of my crush in present day, lets just say I watch Rock of Love and wonder what I was thinking.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
21 Jump Street starring Johnny Depp (who is still hot as shit!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HEY! Take that back! How dare you diss Tawny! I am reporting you to the authorities!

I suppose you may a point. Of the two of them Jon Bon Jovi did have the prettier hair.
Quote Reply
Re: Spinoff thread/ 80's faves [mccannathon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How quickly we forget, here's a reminder....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is not really a crush, perhaps a hetero man crush.

My favorite of the 80s has to be Cameo Word up.

"Now all you sucker. D.J.’s
Who think you’re fly
There’s got to be a reason
And we know the reason why.
And act real cool
But you got to realise
That you’re acting like fools. "

It gets my vote because it take giant balls to say that someone else is acting like a fool while wearing a red leather cod piece and a 6 inch fade.

BTW, here is a good cover of the song by Willis
Quote Reply
Re: Spinoff thread/ 80's faves [mccannathon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think my fav's in the 80's were Fred Penner, Raffi, Sharon, Lois & Bram, .... wait a minute, this isn't exactly what you were going for in this thread was it? Obviously, I was young in the 80's :)

Quote | Reply
Mmmmm, Johnny Depp. Then and now.

Bono and U2 (still love Bono--sexiest man alive)
Chris Isaak (I've seen him play live probably a couple hundred times)
Michael Hutchence INXS (RIP....)
Duran Duran. Simon LeBon

How many of these videos do you remember?

http://www.liketotally80s.com/...0s_music_videos.html

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Spinoff thread/ 80's faves [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, yes! Johnny Depp. 21 Jump Street to Jack Sparrow. Yum.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Re: Spinoff thread/ 80's faves [cuds] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I think my fav's in the 80's were Fred Penner, Raffi, Sharon, Lois & Bram, .... wait a minute, this isn't exactly what you were going for in this thread was it? Obviously, I was young in the 80's :)
You should NOT post this in the feeling old thread ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was complete and totally in love with Adam Ant.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply