Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized power saddle with mimic
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried this yet? Specifically for aero.

I've tried the power saddle and remember thinking it was ok but not awesome. I'm thinking of giving this a shot.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized power saddle with mimic [MtnBikerChk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did...didn't like it. The foam they put in the cut out crushed my girly bits when I was in the aero position. I am trying the same saddle without the mimic for my road bike, still in the testing phase. Not sure if I like the specialized power saddle either.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized power saddle with mimic [IronMandie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IronMandie wrote:
I did...didn't like it. The foam they put in the cut out crushed my girly bits when I was in the aero position. I am trying the same saddle without the mimic for my road bike, still in the testing phase. Not sure if I like the specialized power saddle either.

Thanks!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried the mimic for road cycling . By the end of a 35 mile ride, my ‘girly bits’ were in pain. I’m trying the power arc...and it seems much better!
Your mileage may vary....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was all jazzed to try this until I read the early response to this thread as well as some product reviews. I have the power saddle and liked it, but found it seemed too wide the way the saddle hit the back of my legs. Moved to the Arc which is better for me in this regard, but don't like the longer / closed off nose (ie shorter length of center channel opening). I think the lack of opening in the middle of the mimic is a mistake but was curious whether varied density foam could alleviate pressure from the nose.

Test rode my friend's bike last month with the new Sitero Pro saddle and then searched far and wide across the interwebs to buy one, as US distributors seem out of stock. 2019 model is slated to be more expensive and have carbon rails.

Anyway, so far so good on my 2018 Sitero, up to 90 min with trainer on rocker plate. Just to say, I thought the prior model Sitero was horribly uncomfortable. So the difference in the channel opening appears to be key for me. (New version has channel running farther forward.)

Also worth mentioning I've never liked my aero bar extensions. Their upward slope is almost non-existant and I believe has contributed to a variety of discomforts on this bike. Elbows in same place but hands held up higher (imagine a towel rolled up and wrists lying on that, on trainer so no real need to hold the extensions), made even the Arc more comfortable. SO if like me you've felt trapped in an endless cycle of saddle woes despite multiple fits by multiple fitters and including Retul analysis, consider how changing the angle of your forearms might feel.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Last edited by: Tsunami: Jan 17, 19 10:28
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized power saddle with mimic [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tsunami wrote:
SO if like me you've felt trapped in an endless cycle of saddle woes despite multiple fits by multiple fitters and including Retul analysis, consider how changing the angle of your forearms might feel.

Interesting idea.

Thanks! So far I'm not finding anyone who loves the mimic on a tri bike. I've been tolerating my cobb max outside but find it awful inside. I think for now I'll just count down the days.......

(I did see the change to the Sitero and thought that looked interesting too). I'm just mentally worn down from fits and saddles!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MtnBikerChk wrote:
(I did see the change to the Sitero and thought that looked interesting too). I'm just mentally worn down from fits and saddles!

Boy howdy, do I understand this pov.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply