Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized Ruby Saddle
Quote | Reply
So I bought this saddle because I was having shaffing problems... Shaffing problems are gone!!!
But my sit bones are crying from the pain....... I did 60km on my first ride out with it...will it stop hurting after a while?..maybe I should have gone with something...softer :(
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Ruby Saddle [SBR613] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
l have one- my sits bones don't hurt but I don't think it's such a great saddle either. I have chafing on long rides (80+ miles) but not on short rides like 60K.. I would suggest keeping the saddle (since you just bought it) and buy a seat cover: http://www.desotosport.com/...sories&ProdID=SP

This is what I use and LOVE IT! It, not the saddle, solved my problems. You may need a wide depending on the size of your saddle (I assume it's Jett, right?)

Tracy M. De Soto
Femme Designer/CFO/Attorney
De Soto Sport
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Ruby Saddle [SBR613] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same problem when I got a brand new Ruby on my TT bike...I noticed it softened a bit by a few weeks worth of riding. I also tilted it down a few degrees, which helped with comfort, but kept the one on my road bike flat. (What bike do you have it on?) If you just need a bit more material, the saddle cover looks nice too.

Never underestimate the importance of the contact points! ouch.
Quote Reply