Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sore boobs
Quote | Reply
3 weeks of sore boobs then one of not (during cycle) I'm trying to figure out why as it's making me crazy. I cut out coffee but I'm not sure if it's something else I'm consuming.

This happened last year as well. Really sore boobs, then it just went away but I couldn't figure out why.

Any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Sore boobs [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Evening Primrose. Can't help with why you're getting this, but take the primrose, twice a day, really does help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My mom used to get sore boobs around her period until she cut out chocolate (thank God I didn't get that gene). But that was consistent each month, not randomly throughout the year.

-----

"Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said 'one can't believe impossible things.' `I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!'"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I get this too. At least you're not pregnant (right?)...

I blame the crepes :-)

Good luck and let us know if you find out what helps.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
omg! me too- right now going on 3 wks-ugh- didn't have a visit from AuntFlo for 5 mos. then the boobs then Flo for a week, she left yesterday, boobs still HURT! I even thought on my run today that it's time to call the Dr. because this is annoying- i"ll try the primrose tonight! I'll try anything!
Quote Reply
Re: Sore boobs [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Curses upon you Andy for even suggesting a bun in my oven! No chance of that at all. Ever.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
any chance your birth control changed, either by you or they changed the formula somewhat? I had this happen a long time ago when they changed the %s of one hormone or another. Boobs hurt and grew, when I finally sorted it out and switched BC pills my boobs went away almost completely.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A the magical age we are at, the body does some mean things to us. I've found all kinds of fun symptoms from hormonal fluctuations that I can't figure out what triggered them.

I swear it is alignment of the moon or some planets that sends my body into a tizzy. I get terrible night sweats, sore boobs, insomnia, bloating, all that fun stuff.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Last edited by: JenSw: Jul 31, 12 18:36
Quote Reply
Re: Sore boobs [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is it allover,general soreness or a more specific spot-like?
I've had a fairly specific spot-like soreness for about a week now, maybe a little longer. I can't really feel anything too different when I poke around...& it may be a little sore now (or still) because I keep poking at it, but I feel the soreness sometimes really randomly.

Just curious. maybe worth getting it checked out.

AW
Quote Reply
Re: Sore boobs [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I get it mine is overall achy.

I had a scare a couple years ago with a specific sore spot and a big lump I found. Dr. tried to asperate it and no fluid came out. She mentioned the likelihood of it being cancer was small because turmors usually don't hurt. But that's not to say they never do.

I ended up getting an ultrasound and MRI to rule anything out. Turned out to just be changes in my breast from aging. Nothing scary.

As you said, though, it is worth getting checked out.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Sore boobs [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2. It is maddening at times and embarrassing at other times. Good example: I just came back from a haircut, and my hairdresser trimmed my eyebrows. She didn't tweeze them; she trimmed them. Yet another odd symptom of hormonal flucutation -- super-long eyebrow hair. Just lovely. And yes, insomnia, bloating, sweats at odd times, depression, zits. It sucks. But I guess everyone goes through it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
coffee chocolate and peanuts - all have methylxanthines.

try cutting them out.
Quote Reply
Re: Sore boobs [meuf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BOO!!!!!

Terrible answer ;-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Sore boobs [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All over soreness and no change in BC as hubby is fixed. I've actually noticed a change in the last couple of days, after being off coffee for a few weeks and I don't do much chocolate. Maybe it just took that long to remedy its self.

I was cringing everytime I took my bra off they were that sore. And going down the stairs hurt too.

Aging is so fun. I couldn't read the back of my deoderant this morning to see if it was scent free or not. Small print sucks. Can't wait for "the change..." bleh.
Quote Reply
Re: Sore boobs [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndyPants wrote:
BOO!!!!!

Terrible answer ;-)

AP

agree but there it is.

I will not stop drinking coffee. Even if my boobs explode
Quote Reply
Re: Sore boobs [meuf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will not stop drinking coffee. Even if my boobs explode

Quote of the day!

I used to feel that way. I started my day with a giant mug of French roast in a French Press. Then my heartburn got so bad I could stand it. I switched to green tea with fairly little drama. I still love coffee and sring it sometimes, but I've gotten to be way more sensative to caffine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will not stop drinking coffee OR wine even if my boobs explode!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have recurrent soreness. It comes and goes, and stays for weeks at a time. Lack of sleep, caffine, and stress cause mine. Caffine is the main culprit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am loving all these post about sore boobs and menopause. I am starting with these things. I too get sore boobs and sometimes even my nipples itch. So embarrassing since it seems to happen at the wrong time and the wrong place. Next time I will say the hell with it and scratch like a guy does. Keep posting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yesterday I had a mammogram and of course my boobs have been sore this week. Wow was THAT fun. Squashed sore boobs almost made me cry.

Jen

Quote Reply