Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sore between shoulder blades - help from swimmers - TC
Quote | Reply
I have a new tri coach - and my swim workout yesterday was 8 x 400, alternate w/ and w/o paddles. I don't think I've ever used the paddles that much before. And today, super sore and achy between my shoulder blades. Has this happened to anyone before, and is that a normal place to be sore?
Quote Reply
Re: Sore between shoulder blades - help from swimmers - TC [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Normal and I wouldn't worry about it. You managed to engage your upper back muscles :-) that is good!

Proud member of Fishtwitch and the ST Grammar Police
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Sore between shoulder blades - help from swimmers - TC [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome. That makes me happy. Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Sore between shoulder blades - help from swimmers - TC [nad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If they stay tight, rolling out with a lacrosse ball or something similar helps me out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What TC said. You engaged different muscles, most likely because the paddles require an increased strength AND because they correct the angle of your hand to a more powerful position. (This varies slightly depending on the paddle & what straps you use - some allow you to "cheat" much more than others..)

Keep engaging those muscles, every time you swim!!

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought of you when I swam today. I swam midday ,which I don't usually do. It was cold and I wasn't looking forward to getting in the water but I sucked it up because you've been doing it!

Proud member of Fishtwitch and the ST Grammar Police
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Sore between shoulder blades - help from swimmers - TC [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the great replies. I'm so glad to have some 'real' swimmers as friends. And I appreciate the encouragement

TC - thanks for much for telling me I helped you to get to the pool. That amazes me. It made me smile.
Quote Reply