Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Somebody take the megaphone away from Ghia Girl..
Quote | Reply
Maggs played RD today at the Flat Island Swim Race. I love this shot of Ghia Girl taking charge:

That is what getting in shape for your ironman looks like!!

And here's our very mini-women's-of-ST get-together. Not especially monumental, considering it happens a couple of times a week for training. Oh and Maggs had only 2h of sleep. (I have no excuse. Except that my lats hurt too bad to life my arms)

It was a great race, perfectly run. I put a paragraph RR on my blog.
Quote Reply
Re: Somebody take the megaphone away from Ghia Girl.. [runlikeamother] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will move to Hawaii if you promise me that I will grow at least 5 inches taller when I get there. (I think I'd still be shorter than both of you though!)

Dang you Island chicks are hot, fast and strong!
Quote Reply
Re: Somebody take the megaphone away from Ghia Girl.. [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dang you Island chicks are hot, fast and strong!

Ditto to that! Great pics. Thanks for sharing. Looks like a great day.
Quote Reply
Re: Somebody take the megaphone away from Ghia Girl.. [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You just have to have a creative photographer, I am not taller than Rachel, but look like it in this pic.
Quote Reply
Re: Somebody take the megaphone away from Ghia Girl.. [runlikeamother] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cute pics! That looks like a great time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks warm. Now I am dreeeeeaming of an open-water swim race that's warm enough to do sans wetsuit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rachel, check out those capri pants girl! You are the sarah jessica parker of style on slowtwitch. you island girls are making us white girls very jealous.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Very hot, very hot!"

(Quote from Pretty in Pink in case ya'll missed the reference)

You girls are smokin'. Looks like a fun day. It is cold and cloudy and threatening rain where I am so I'm drooling over your sun.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Somebody take the megaphone away from Ghia Girl.. [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you have me cracking up over the SJP remark.. I'm just a Lucky Brand addict :) And I would never, ever wear this hat:
http://img2.timeinc.net/..._jessica_300x400.jpg (sorry, can't insert a pic on my mac)

I think the ST womens camp should take place out here.. sometime in winter, when you all need a break from the snow. Maggs & I can work out the logistics of where to stay to make it cheap..
Last edited by: runlikeamother: May 12, 08 23:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I think the ST womens camp should take place out here.. sometime in winter, when you all need a break from the sun. Maggs & I can work out the logistics of where to stay to make it cheap..
Well I'm already sold. Tell me when and I'm there! :D (that was easy, huh? haha)

Quote | Reply
There are ocean swim races here every other week in the summer. Come on out!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An ST Women's camp in Hawaii sounds great! - especially in late winter, early spring, to get a jump start on our early season training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So if we come out there, would we look like either of you two when camp is over? ;-) If so, I'll be on the next flight out there!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was going to ask about those capris! so they are Lucky Brand? I thought Lucky Brand was just jeans?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the flames on her suit are appropriate- you guys are some hot womens! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Somebody take the megaphone away from Ghia Girl.. [kbee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lucky Brand makes sweats too, and some other stuff. Those are drawstring sweats. Horribly overpriced, but I wear them 3 days a week, so they were worth it. The hub just gave me a great bag from Lucky for Mom's Day.

RR
Quote Reply
Re: Somebody take the megaphone away from Ghia Girl.. [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ghia Girl, awesome swimsuit!!!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Somebody take the megaphone away from Ghia Girl.. [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks TC! $20 from clubswim on swimoutlet.com. I stock up on different patterns a couple times a year. that one is the 'official' team island (a very unofficial ocean swim team) racing suit. I have a workout bikini just like it. the clubswim suits are really cute and at $20 each you can't go wrong.!
Quote Reply
Re: Somebody take the megaphone away from Ghia Girl.. [cstine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would love to do a ST Women's camp in Hawaii - I have not been there since I did the Maui Channel and Waikiki rough water swims a few years ago and would love an excuse to go back.

Team Danbury Audi - Triplet Mommy!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Somebody take the megaphone away from Ghia Girl.. [jellyfish1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You've done the Maui Channel?

Rachel is trying to talk me into doing it this year. I was training for it last year but was in a car accident and it derailed my swimming.
Quote Reply
Re: Somebody take the megaphone away from Ghia Girl.. [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Re: Maui Channel - I did it on a relay team back in 2003 - it was tons of fun. They give away these really cool towels as prizes too! One of my all time favorite OW races. Then a few days later did Waikiki - there was a hurricane passing south of the islands and of the over 800 people who started only 300 or so finished -all over the local news the next few days. I got horribly off course because my contacts fell out and I couldn't see anything! Still had fun, but my time was about an hour off (normally go just over 1 hr for 5K and it took me about 2!).

Team Danbury Audi - Triplet Mommy!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Somebody take the megaphone away from Ghia Girl.. [jellyfish1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh you did it that year? I wasn't a swimmer then so I didn't do it then, but remember the stories of the elite guys/gals struggling against the current. The next year they just cancelled the swim because the conditions were bad. It's been nice since!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow--awesome pics! Can you say 'homesick'? I fear that when I come out there for IMWC I may never leave! :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hawaii, YES!

I'll be there in October and hopefully November. But I'd come pretty much any time.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the ST womens camp should take place out here.. sometime in winter, when you all need a break from the snow.

I'm all for it, but the problem with the winter is it's rainy.

Quote Reply

Prev Next