Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
In which I discover he is maybe not such an awful creature ;-) [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last night, I think I just about fell in love with him...

I was packing my car to go home and found I had a flat tire. It was 14* out, snowing, like I could even change a flat tire myself in GOOD conditions. I figured I was going to get stuck at school and have to wait for my brother to help. Called mom to tell her I wouldn't be coming home after all.

"There must be someone around who can help you. See if you can find a guy."

I don't know many of our neighbors, everyone kinda keeps to themselves, so I didn't think I'd be able to find help. But I went up to my room and Ryan was there.

"Hey Ryan, could you please help me change a flat tire on my car?"

He did it without complaint, so helpful and gracious, even though it was so cold out and stuff... what an incredibly nice guy. Roommate was at a swim meet. I called her and left a message and told her how lucky she was... and then I called mom and said "guess what! I found a boy!!! I'll be home in an hour."

LOL. I am starting to like him better :P

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just ridiculous! Good on you for standing your ground! My roommate always had her boyfriend over, too. At least he brought us Mexican food from time-to-time (probably an intentional effort not to wear out his welcome). My "favorite" memory is the night I came home from somewhere and there was a note on the door that said, "Knock when you get here and then come back in ten minutes!" Um. Where am I supposed to go for ten minutes in the middle of the night? At least he went home after that, I guess.

He would paint her toenails while they sat on her bed, which always made me want to throw something at them.

Triathlizer in the making
Mom of 2 crazy boys
Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [jenrford] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
He would paint her toenails while they sat on her bed, which always made me want to throw something at them.

You would have been completely justified in doing that. What type of guy paints a girl's toenails???? that sounds weird.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Weird-unless you are pregnant and can't reach your toes comfortably :-)
Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [pookie87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
true but hopefully college chicks aren't pregnant!

If you were pregnant then it turns into a very loving thing for a husband to do.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is wicked snowy and the roads are a mess so they're staying here tonight.

Remember she is Israeli - and her English is pretty good but she misses a lot of idioms and figures of speech -
"I think we need to get Ryan a doghouse, in the middle of the room, since so much of his stuff is here" (like the shirts ;-)

I laughed and had to explain to her what 'being in the doghouse' means in English.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So...it is now February-the big engagement month! Any news??? Or is he going to wait until Valentine's Day?
Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [pookie87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They're waiting until the 22nd, which is the day after her championship swim meet. She didn't want to have to keep taking the ring on and off for 10 practices a week + meets.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, so much for being spontaneous.... My wife only had a clue the day that I proposed (We had talked about it before hand), because I was nervous and fidgety. The best part about it being spontaneous, is the reaction from the other person. In my case it was a "Yippeeee!!!!!!" at which point I asked if that meant yes...... ;)
Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [Tri 2 Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think they're having fun planning it together.

The homework I am supposed to be doing is just NOT holding my attention today :P must get back to it... LOL

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha, I feel the same way about my homework!!!

For some reason, doing a paper on Scanning Electron Microscopy doesn't constitute as a fun thing in my mind :p
Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [Tri 2 Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm reading "My Happy Life" and need to write a book review on it. If I finish the book we will call that "good" for the day.

just not holding my attention.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like a ZzZzZzZz interesting ZzZzZzZz book ZzZzZzZz.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
finished reading!

Quote Reply
The French Club is sponsoring a Kissing Contest [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
to celebrate Valentine's day.

I think they should enter since they are attached at the hip...

We had a good week though. I had a rough week and they ended up staying every night, to keep me company/occupied/watch movies with me and stuff. It was nice to have them around, LOL.

Quote Reply
Re: The French Club is sponsoring a Kissing Contest [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you Tigerchik, I have just read your thread from page one to end. Very entertaining and I wish your flat mate all the best. You have been a great friend to tolerate all those nights with her boyfriend fiancé in a small room. I presume it has two single beds in one room (no wall between you?). Wow, that’s what I call tolerance and a true mate. I myself would have never coped with that; I am a lone wolf who has no patients for anyone, not even myself. Very enjoyable read. I am not often on this forum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So its after the 22nd (even if just only a day). Did the roommate get engaged??
Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha, funny you asked, I've been meaning to come write a bit.

She got back at 3:30 this morning from their championship meet. Really awful way to end the season for her - all the team's relays came in last; no one made finals; no one swam a PB. I told her "it's your coach's fault." Missed taper, maybe not trained correctly, combination of the above perhaps. Anyway, she is still a bit upset over not swimming well and I don't blame her.

Ryan, of course, had picked her up and they spent the "night" at our place. She went to bed as I got up LOL.

No engagement yet, not sure when he'll propose!!! I think it's safe to say it's an informal engagement.

Thursday night she wants to go out dancing and get drunk... both to kick off spring break and relax a bit from the season being over and stuff. She said "do you want to come?" I laughed and said dancing maybe, drinking no.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spring Break? I thought spring doesn't start up there until like May or so. Shouldn't it be called Late Winter Break?

--
01001010 01100101 01101110 01001000 01010011 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000100 01100101 01110110 01101001 01101100 00100000 00101000 01100001 01100011 01100011 01101111 01110010 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100001 01100100 01101000 01101111 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101001 00100001
http://trainingoferic.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [erichollins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL.

We pretend :P

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tonight she is driving me nuts

this will be boring to you, just my venting.
She never does her chores, but is the dish nazi - god forbid I leave dirty dishes out. I did a bunch this afternoon but not all because we didn't have space to dry them all. I walked in the door tonight and I said "hi." she said "can I ask you a question?" I said "sure." "Are the dishes in the sink yours?" Not even like a hello... goodness. I did them right then just because I didn't feel like fighting about it.

Not happy that he's here, except I guess since he is her, *I* do not have to deal with her and this is a good thing because I (1) ran 20 miles this morning (2) spent 3 hrs working on my thesis (got SO much done!), (3) spent the afternoon doing homework too and I am TIRED and not up for even really talking :P

venting over!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a shotgun and a shovel if you think it'll help. :-)

"Here's how you run a marathon. Step 1: You start running. Step 2: There is no step 2." - Barney (How I Met Your Mother)
Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [neil_laing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
:-)

Fortunately we are on spring break as of 5 pm today (and yes I have class up until then unless we get out early) so hopefully that won't be necessary.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, it's been 2 weeks-we need an update!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's been two weeks because it's spring break! More Monday.

Quote Reply

Prev Next