Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [SLC_vt98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Yeah, that was great :-)

Roommate called me this afternoon - am home for a dr's appt (shots! ouch!) and told me "I'm not mad at you anymore."
She would be a pretty useless human if she didn't get over it. You were really nice about it.
It is college after all and people occasionally wind up in other peoples beds, but this was a premeditated serial sleepover.
I am not nearly so nice. The second time my roomamte got drunk and peed in the corner I locked him out in the hall in his boxers when he went to the bathroom to puke. He just wound up climbing into someone elses bed that night. Luckily he was blacked out and did not know why he woke up In another guys bed [who thankfully was staying in his girlfriends dorm room (she had a single)].
Suggest that she get a blow up mattress and put in the common area for when he stays over. After all it is like they seem to have an overwelming need for privacy...
This reminds me of a story a friend told me once. He got really drunk and slept over at his brother's house one night. He woke up in the middle of the night to go pee, and went into what he thought was the bathroom. Lifted the lid and proceeded to pee, and kind of woke up in the middle of the pee to realize he was pissing in the washing machine. He didn't mention it the next morning. :)
Jessica

Jessica
Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [Leloo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my thesis is coming along soooo well - had a really good mtg with my advisor today.

So, I'm being a nice roommate. She slept over at his place last night -I got up and got in 2:40 on the trainer, was PSYCHED to be able to ride so early. Tonight, I had planned to drive home, but am too tired. Called her and said "if you planned already to have Ryan spend the night, I'll be here, but is fine with me."

we're getting along...

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She is serious about their marrying each other. THEY WENT TO LOOK AT RINGS YESTERDAY.

Part of it - she insists that they love each other, want to spend their lives together, she tells me she has "that feeling." The only thing I know for sure I want to spend my entire life with is my cat, I am not sure my feeling there compares to her feeling or no. Anyway. But she is Israeli (recruited to swim, she's a 2:07 in the 200 fly) and it will be easier for her to get a visa if they get married. She says this isn't WHY they're getting married, but why they are *rushing* it.

I looked at her last night without the Calvin reaction - happy for her that she seems to be so in love - but scared that, because they only have been together for 2.5 mths, that something will happen, they'll break up, and she will be so incredibly hurt. I do not want her to get hurt (I am a caring roommate after all :P)

there's another good story here involving a pregnancy test (she's not pregnant) but I can't spill that one, would be unfair to her, too private. sorry for the tease...

So my roommate is practically engaged she just doesn't have the ring????

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WHINING AHEAD!

- A bunch of HIS shirts are hung up in the closet. This I think is not okay. He does not live here... I do not like where this is headed... why would he needs clothes here except for overnights? no no no no no.

- They are still here and haven't left for his place yet, she doesn't have morning practice tomorrow. I seriously hope they both leave soon... if not I am sending him home... am tired and need sleep tonight, I've an exam tomorrow.

(hey but I got major thesis work done today!!!)

Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are they engaged yet?

Quote | Reply
not officially, no ring, but I'd say it's pretty certain.

They are still pretty much attached at the hip (or maybe mouth :P)

Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ack!!! The appearance of clothes is never a good thing ...I thought you two had worked this out!?!?

I hope they relocated and you were able to get some sleep.

Good luck on your test :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's good that sometimes you are able to quell the Calvin. It's also good that you are happy for her. It's normal for you to be frustrated by her (and him) as well. Just try to keep in mind that sometimes different people have different priorities and have feelings on a different plane than our own. Not necessarily wrong or right - just different.

Just becuase there are some shirts there doesn't mean he's moving in. You've negotiated the occasional overnight and agreed to it, if they're serious about this thing and it's not taking over your space then there shouldn't be much harm in a few shirts. That's my opinion though, and I could be way off base. If he lives so far away (read: soooooooooo in roommate tone of voice) then it's probably not convenient to go home to get clothes before beginning a day, eh? I wouldn't stress on it too much unless the agreement gets broken again. Just trying to find a compromise.

I'm in a relationship that's different than most "normal" relationships. We live very close to each other but only speak every few days and see each other maybe once a week. We both have separate lives but we do care about each other and have been together for a long time. Most of my girlfriends (and my mom) think it's awful and he doesn't treat me right or do enough for me. It works for us and it's nice that he allows me to live my life and we get together when we can and when it's convenient. My point - it's not what others might choose, but it works for me/us for now. It may seem crazy that they're moving so fast to you/others, but it may be what works for them, for now.

You're a good friend/roommate to care and be concerned, and you're absolutely entitled to respect as well. Seems like things are going better than they were....right?

AW
Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes. and they did end up at his place last night.

I think I am suspicious of shirts LOL

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those shirts...you've got to watch them...they've always got something up their sleeves....

I'm lucky I have an understanding roommate (and that we're not still in college), he pretty much just puts up with my crap and whining without too much complaint. It does help that we're both triathletes and have a bit of an understanding regarding the trainers and the living room. It's just another piece of furniture in our house! I think if either of us had to study for anything, one of us would already be dead....

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carefull. Next she'll make you lock your bike up outside....
Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those shirts...you've got to watch them...they've always got something up their sleeves....

Oh no you didn't... ;-)

Come crawling faster
Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [runxner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL.

He treats her so well - came over and had dinner ready for her when she got back from practice. I hope it works out for them, because it really is a good relationship.

I think most of the trouble lately, is she has been really cranky for some reason, I've just been tired, so we're kind of rubbing at each other's rough edges. But since she's always with him I don't know what it is that's stressing her out. The most time I've spent with her all semester - well I can think of 2 nights, one we had dinner together and played cribbage the other was a grocery shopping trip. I think a trip to Dairy Queen for ice cream would be beneficial for both of us come to think of it, maybe that'd take away some crankiness... no boys allowed!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I think a trip to Dairy Queen for ice cream would be beneficial for both of us come to think of it, maybe that'd take away some crankiness... no boys allowed!!!
A trip to DQ is ALWAYS beneficial :D haha

Quote | Reply
But how is she going to be able to breathe without him at her side? She's completely forgotten how to function without him!

--
01001010 01100101 01101110 01001000 01010011 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000100 01100101 01110110 01101001 01101100 00100000 00101000 01100001 01100011 01100011 01101111 01110010 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100001 01100100 01101000 01101111 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101001 00100001
http://trainingoferic.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Total bonding moment allowed.

And yeah, Pugs, I went there. How sad is that?! Bet it made you laugh though...

AW
Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [erichollins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The thing is that doesn't even need to be in pink.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All I know is I'm so thankful I didn't marry in my 20's....people change and I'm such a different person now in my 30's than I was in my 20's!!!!

We all have our own lessons to learn and I'm hoping things work out for the best for your roomie, and of course you as well! :-)
Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could not agree more Kerri! People have a ton more growing up to do in their 20s, they just don't know it. Hell, I'm 44 and STILL growing up.

dating 2.5 MONTHS? and they are getting engaged? At what, 21???? The words starter marriage come to mind.

BTW, I love the part that she has the "special feeling about him". Oh, WAIT for it.... what COULD that be, perhaps THEIR RAGING HORMONES???

As a parent, there is NO WAY I would condone a marriage at this stage. I hope their parents are aware of what is going on.
Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got married at 27, almost got married at 22. First guy would have been a huge mistake based on all the wrong things. Second guy and I have been together for over 13 years, married 12. I'm super happy I took the time to be my own person, experience different things and live on my own before getting married.

I can't fathom getting married in college. I was a total dope.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [sto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
huh, I don't know how their parents feel about it. Because I never actually get to talk to her :P they're wrapped around each other in a human candy cane right now...

Her parents are in Israel. We're in Maine. He's from NY. I dunno. They're both 23 btw.

engagement, marriage, is their choice, my fear is something will happen and they'll break up and she will completely SHATTER, because she is so attached to him. But of course we cannot talk about this, because, first of all I can't pry her away from him and secondly how do you tell someone "this is maybe not a good idea" without having them hate you?

I'm stuck so I just keep quiet on my half of the room ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [sto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My feeling exactly. From the way TC describes them, this sounds like some lusty fling ...but I also have no idea where this guy is coming from!!! Most 20-25 year old guys run in the other direction when a gf, especially one of a few months mentions marriage/kids/serious commitment :-P He must really care about her, but whoever used the phrase 'starter marriage' is probably dead on. And, yes, what are the parents thinking??!?!?!

...Although I am totally hypocritical to say most of that. I am 23 and engaged. However, I feel like I grew up pretty fast, and he is older (27) with a, um, disastrous experience in the young and stupid marriage field. He and I have been together 3.5 years, moved to a different state and bought a home together, have joint checking and credit cards, have our 2 awesome doggies, are head over heels for one another, are not afraid to fight/speak our minds, and are first and foremost best friends. We will probably sign the official papers and have a ceremony in a year or two, but we're not in a rush.

As for TC's roomie, maybe this is one of those freak couples that work it out that young. My parents got married at 27 (way different than 23, but still) having known each other 3 months. We celebrated their 31st anniversary this past summer.

I wish them all the best and truly hope I am wrong with my gut feelings about where the relationship is going!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I realized today that I think all my 'hostility' toward their relationship is that she does not exist without him. It's like they've merged or something, there is no "Adi" anymore but there is "Adi-and-Ryan." Does that make sense?

anyway she's been spending every night at his place. fine with me

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The primary reason why I keep coming back to this thread is that I'm waiting for the reply from you "Well, Adi came back home tonight crying her eyes out and in hysterics. Her and Ryan broke up tonight and she is now saying that she doesn't know how to live without him."

--
01001010 01100101 01101110 01001000 01010011 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000100 01100101 01110110 01101001 01101100 00100000 00101000 01100001 01100011 01100011 01101111 01110010 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100001 01100100 01101000 01101111 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101001 00100001
http://trainingoferic.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [erichollins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL
That's cold man... but I'm waiting for it too hah

Prev Next