Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Short chick with short arms
Quote | Reply
Man, it's tough to figure out a front hydration system that holds more than 24 oz AND will fit on my bike (XS Canyon Speedmax CF). They're either too long and prevent me from properly gripping my aerobars OR they're too tall and will touch my front tire.

What sort of set-up works for other T-rex triathletes? I think we may be able to make the Profile FC 35oz work...but it's requiring buying a different mounting base than what it comes with, since it has to clamp to the base tubes that my extensions slide into, which are bigger around than what the stock clamp will fit. We tried another base they offer that attaches to the basebars, but that made it so that I couldn't wrap my fingers all the way around my aerobars.

"Rectum, damn near killed 'em!"
Thriving, in spite of familial metastatic colorectal cancer since 2017 (diagnosed @ 44)
Minus most of rectum/sigmoid colon and 1 lung lobe
Early screening saves lives!
Quote Reply
Re: Short chick with short arms [zoomydu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fellow T-rex here!

I have a Premier Tactical XS (5’2, wingspan of a sparrow) and left my FC 35 on the side of the road during IMTX last year for the same reasons. Now I have a custom fill tank that fits molded between my aero bars, and it’s held on with zip ties.

I’d honestly email Canyon and tell them about the issues you’re having. I’ve heard their customer service is pretty good, and maybe they have a better solution for you. Good luck.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: Short chick with short arms [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fortunately I think we were able to make the FC35 work, with a little tweaking. I don’t love the bite valve, though, so I may see if I can get a different one to work better.

"Rectum, damn near killed 'em!"
Thriving, in spite of familial metastatic colorectal cancer since 2017 (diagnosed @ 44)
Minus most of rectum/sigmoid colon and 1 lung lobe
Early screening saves lives!
Quote Reply
Re: Short chick with short arms [zoomydu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use a Speedfil unit on my size 45 Cervelo with 650 wheels.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply