Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shin Sleeves
Quote | Reply
I've noticed that some athletes are wearing what looks like shin sleeves. They don't look like socks, and the material is a bit sheer and comes in either black or white.

I'm not exactly sure what they are called but I googled and haven't found anything exactly the same, online. Anyone know who makes these and are they any good?

-------------------------------------
http://www.PlusPerformanceFitness.com
Quote Reply
Re: Shin Sleeves [Toronto_Tri_Gal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try searching for Compression socks. I know that 2xu, sugoi, SLS3, and numerous others make them. I won a pair of SLS3 on the main forum for guessing the winner of CA 70.3 and I really like them. I wear them for recovery after long rides and runs and find I recover quicker when I wear them. I also have worn them on long runs and have found my legs stay stronger longer and therefore, I run faster as I can keep my pace longer.

There have been numerous posts on the main forum so you may want to check the archives over there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zensah make compression calf wraps, they don't have the foot part. If you google compression socks, they won't come up (they aren't socks!). But if you google compression clothing they will show up. Zombie runner sells them and they even have pink. They are supposed to help with recovery, shin splints and calf issues. I have had plantar fascitis since April (had one cortizone shot that last 6 weeks) and nothing has really helped it go away, just become somewhat "manageable". It probably doesn't make any sense (except that my super tight calves caused my pf) but my pf is almost gone. I bought the wraps to help with recovery after long runs and rides and an unexpected benefit has been the improvement of my pf.
Tamela
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2XU calls them "calf guards" I think. Or "calf sleeves" something like that. I went shopping yesterday and tried on compression tights, socks, and the calf sleeves - I didn't like the sleeves, the socks I came home with. I have some inflammation in my anterior tibial tendon and muscle and am hoping compression will keep it from further inflamming. Something is helping (might be resting it thought ;-)

They're fun to wear, all soft and silky, definite wore the socks and a short skirt today because I am in college and can get away with crazy outfits!!!!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply