Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Salt Lake City Female Triathlete(s) Team Luna(potential)
Quote | Reply
Hello! A few friends and I are putting in an application (for the 2nd year) with Luna to bring a Triathlon Team (Luna Chix) to Utah. In order for the application to be seriously considered, we would need 2-3 more women in the Northern Utah area to join us. Does anyone know of any female triathletes in Utah that may be interested in joining a team to help promote women's health, do some racing together & training together, and raise money for breast cancer?
If so, there are some requirements:
  • $290 in gear to purchase (it's retail is $690) from Luna
  • Complete 3 Triathlons in 2008
  • Participate in 1 fundraising event between April-Oct for breast cancer
  • Participate in 3 team workouts or clinics each month April-Oct

If you know of any women that would be interested in joining this effort, please have them contact me at victoria.radke@marriott.com by no later than Feb 13th.

The website to check it out: http://lunabar.com/pages/teamluna_lunachix

Thanks,
Victoria
Last edited by: varad341: Feb 9, 08 11:54
Quote Reply
Re: Salt Lake City Female Triathlete(s) Team Luna(potential) [varad341] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
may want to post that info here: http://www.desert-sharks.com/BB/
Quote Reply
Re: Salt Lake City Female Triathlete(s) Team Luna(potential) [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought about the Desert Sharks, but didn't want to come across as trying to "steal" away any team members. Do you think it would be appropriate? Thank you for the advice.
Quote Reply
Re: Salt Lake City Female Triathlete(s) Team Luna(potential) [varad341] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well - don't know what your intentions are or what others may think but, the team is really, IMO, just a social group.

A group member has elicited people to join him for a "team" to race LP to benefit a charity of his choosing; think it's only a one time deal
but who knows he may repeat it next year. I "think" it was well received; not sure if people joined but they have donated money.

So that being said - if you are asking others to join up to race an event raising funds for a charity; then, IMO you aren't really stealing members;
big enough world to belong to and do both ?
(may go over better if you are a Desert Shark, eh ?)
Quote Reply