Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Saddles
Quote | Reply
Yes, I know this has been discussed, and I have done a search and read the posts, but I am hoping for some individualized advice.

I've been riding on a Profile Design Tri Stryke, angled nose down to decrease pressure on the pubis. That worked OK with minimal drop, but I just got a P3C, and I'm in a more aggressive position, so with the nose down position I am now sliding forward too much and putting too much pressure on my shoulders/arms. I like a cushy seat and a cutout. I would like to find a place that will allow me to return saddles, and I can try several at once.

From the posts, I'm considering:
1 Selle SMP - which one is best for tri? They don't advertise as a tri saddle, but it and #2 appear to do what I am doing by tilting the nose down, while retaining some ability to share the load between groin and pubis.

2. Blackwell Mo' Flow - this one is hard to find a place to buy it.

3 Adamo - which one? I tried the Road version on the traininer once, but it is awfully wide, and I'm not sure I get it at all. I get a lot of pressure in my groin, since it is not dissipated at least some on my pubis.

4. Koobi - just b/c other people like it, although it may not do the same as the above saddles - Tri stratus or Stratus soft (may be the same saddle?)

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Quote Reply
Re: Saddles [trirunt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been riding a P3C for about a month now with an Adamo and I have never been so comfortable on a bike EVER! I LOVE it. I also have a road bike with an Adamo but that isn't very comfortable so I was surprised it worked so wonderfully on the tri bike. The first ride I learned how to sit so I wasn't putting too much pressure on my arms and now it is wonderful.
Also, on my road bike I have the rails of the Adamo zip tied so it is not as wide, but on the tri bike I left the saddle as it is.
Jess

Jessica
Quote Reply
Re: Saddles [Jessica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you use the road or tri version of the Adamo?
Quote Reply
Re: Saddles [trirunt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a road saddle and a race saddle. They are the same except the road saddle has a bit more padding. I have the race saddle on my tri bike.

Jessica
Quote Reply