Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Saddle sore... help!
Quote | Reply
I have been having issues on long Saturday morning rides... on the hills, my saddle is causing me extreme discomfort in, well, lets say, an area I do NOT want to feel extreme discomfort. Anyway, I'm wondering what saddles people find comfortable. I tend to ride more forward on the saddle and ride down in aero a lot, so something with a more comfortable nose would be awesome. Any suggestions? Commiseration?
Thanks!

Quote Reply
Re: Saddle sore... help! [hybrid5228] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just spent an hour and a half at my LBS this morning trying to find a saddle that works so you have my sympathies. They're letting me test ride a Selle Italia seat but I haven't been on it long enough to figure out whether I like it.

Finding the right saddle can be time-consuming and annoying but it's worth putting in the effort.
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle sore... help! [Alibabwa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First, I find I must have a saddle with a slit. I can only ride saddles without a slit about once a week. I know a number of people who ride big miles who ride the IBM saddles. These saddles are more on the unconventional side and take time to get used to. But, the people who I know who ride them seem to like them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We've had several conversations around saddles, saddle sores and even shorts. Do a search of this forum and you'll find some great info.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle sore... help! [thalathalete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One other thing--I don't necessarily go for women's specific saddles. When thinking saddle fit, you want to make sure the rear part of the saddle is hitting your butt bones.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My GF hated cycling because of the saddle pain she had. That was until she found the right one for her. She loves the Terry Butterfly saddle. http://www.teamestrogen.com/prodTY_21179.html

I have other women cyclist friends that swear by the Terry brand.
Quote Reply