Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Saddle issue
Quote | Reply
Just started the season riding the ism prologue...50 miles or less. I am suffering swollen and very tender girly parts. One side is ok but other side is "holy cow" swollen. I have ridden a few times at the end of last season with this saddle but now I'm having a hard time. I was interested in trying the dash saddle but its soooo expensive. Should I just swear thru the pain or take a break, try a other new saddle? Help!
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle issue [Jayrn7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't ridden in a couple years but one thing I do know, take care of the girly parts and get a new saddle!

Is there a bike store nearby that will let you try a saddle before buying?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle issue [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The ism prologue is a new saddle. It only has maybe 150 mi on it. I'm thinking about the dash saddle. It's going to break the bank but its better than the alternative. But I will try tipping the prologue down more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you using any chamois creams, too? I'm a huge fan of the Dznuts Bliss - has a numbing effect that makes a big difference when I'm doing a long ride or coming back after time not in the saddle.

I hope you find a saddle that suits!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle issue [Agilecipher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have not used any creams. I'll have to try. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd second the chamois cream and you might also try different shorts. I have the Adamo road saddle and find myself wanting much less padding than I did with my previous saddles. You also want them to be nice and tight, excess fabric is not your friend.

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the ISM Road on my TT bike and it took about a year to get used to it but I love it now and don't think I could/would want to go back to a standard-nosed saddle. I did some reading online about how to fit/adjust the ISM saddle and discovered that if I adjusted the "hole"/nose side to side so that the hole aligned with where my soft-girls were position when I ride that made ALL of the difference in the world. So for me it wasn't as much a matter of front to back or nose tilt as it was the side to side adjustment. Best of luck!
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle issue [IMLT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the side to side adjustment as well for my TT. And YES to butt butter!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Specialized saddles. No wearing them in. No creams required.

That is all.
Quote Reply