Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by fitknight
Re: Running shirtless in mixed company? [fitknight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We've had a few threads about this before... I'm pretty sure your gut feeling is the concensus, and we feel more comfortable when you're fully clothed.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread

-----------------------------------------------------------------
You. You make me stronger.
Quote Reply
Re: Running shirtless in mixed company? [Agilecipher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duh...I should have done a search first...newbie mistake. Sorry!

- John
"Have courage, and be kind."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Always polite to ask rather than assume. The level of repeat threads on ST is high, so it's nothing new. I just had this in mind as soon as I read your thread, so was quick to share it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh well. I just added to my dork status...deleted my original post thinking I could kill the thread.

Nothing to see here, move along. :)

- John
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Then I'll just take this chance to say "thank you" for your kind words regarding my first triathlon :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you should post a picture of yourself shirtless and let the womens vote on it.

:)

~~ kate
Quote Reply
Re: Running shirtless in mixed company? [dreaming~big] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm...that would be scary...while I'm pretty fit for almost-40, I'm humble enough to know I'm not a Triathlete Magazine cover model...and being an Oregonian, I'm very pale (hence the desire for more sun exposure). Although I am working on a great bicyclists tan... :)

If you can't laugh at yourself, life's no fun. :)

- John
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since I accidentally killed the originally post, here's the Clif Notes version:

I asked the question about running shirtless with female friends, and if you ladies think this would be offensive/rude. I wouldn't be doing it out of any sense of my own self-awesomeness (or lack thereof), but from a temperature and Vitamin D/tan standpoint (as mentioned, we get pretty pale here in Oregon during the winter). The training partners in question are good friends that I've been training with for quite some time, not a random group.

Anyway, there it is. :)

- John
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agilecipher wrote:
We've had a few threads about this before... I'm pretty sure your gut feeling is the concensus, and we feel more comfortable when you're fully clothed.http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread[/quote[/url]]

As long as you are comfortable, they will be comfortable. Never ask permission for anything from a girl.
Last edited by: Grindcore: Apr 23, 13 17:36
Quote Reply
Re: Running shirtless in mixed company? [Grindcore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As long as you are comfortable, they will be comfortable. Never ask permission for anything from a girl.

You may want to rethink that life philosophy before you get yourself arrested for not asking for permission.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Running shirtless in mixed company? [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JenSw wrote:

You may want to rethink that life philosophy before you get yourself arrested for not asking for permission.

Pfffft

Last edited by: Grindcore: Apr 23, 13 23:30
Quote Reply
Re: Running shirtless in mixed company? [Grindcore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jen,
I wouldn't worry too much about the comments of someone who has felt the need to change their screen name four times in the six months since they registered.

As to the OP's original question as it relates to trying to even out the bike tan, I've had a similar thought about wearing a two piece for outdoor swims. In the end, I decided the blinding white light would be too much for my team mates. ;-)

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Last edited by: Tri3: Apr 24, 13 5:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
have you thought about just running with a UV-transparent shirt? something like http://www.cooltan.com/...afct-men.htm#t-shirt?

It is not really 'transparent' but as far as the site says it lets about half of the sunlight through so it might work for getting some vitamin D happening (living in BC I know what you mean about not getting much of it) without having to take your shirt off.

Personally I love the feeling of running shirtless but I never really do it since it feels 'wrong' somehow to be shirtless outside of a beach/pool setting. Might be related to not growing up in North America though, I was quite surprised when I came here and saw random guys walking around shirtless on the sidewalk or on transit.

I have always wondered how others feel about seeing shirtless guys but given how many cultures are represented here I doubt there is really a consensus: I think it's more respectful to cover up, so that's what I do in general, but I sometimes wonder (I personally don't mind the shirtless guys or the sportsbra gals, but I am sure others feel differently).
Quote Reply
Re: Running shirtless in mixed company? [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based on the feedback here (thanks, everyone!), I think I'm going to hit the LRS and see what they carry in the way of running singlets/tanks. That way I avoid the short-sleeve tan line, but still stay cool (temperature-wise, anyway...), without offending someone or being "that shirtless running guy". :)

- John
Quote Reply