Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Running in Chicago
Quote | Reply
Hi
within 3 weeks I will be staying in Chicago for a week.
Since I only been to the US (florida) once before and Chicago is a complete unknown city to me,
i was wondering where it would be nice to have like a 10-15 K run in the evening time.

My hotel is on North Wabash Avenue near the Chicago River.

Places I should run passed or which I better should avoid ?

Or would it be best only to use the threadmill in the hotel ?

Thanks a lot
Niki
Quote Reply
Re: Running in Chicago [Nikiv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Best running place in the city - is head East - to the Lake Shore Bike Path - and then go north or south- safe routes and wonderful views of the lake and city - Also Grant Park - not as far as you want to go - if a fun place to run through.. Have fun

Graham Wilson
USAT Level III Elite Coach
http://www.thewilsongroup.biz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check for the local running stores in the downtown area - most will have a group run a few times a week. I have done that in many cities when I travel for work, if only to get oriented. AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi and welcome to Chicago! As noted, the lakefront path is the perfect place to run. If you head east on any cross street of Wabash, you will run into the path. It goes 27 miles in total between north and south on the lakefront. The water fountains and bathrooms should be up and running as well.

As Andy also noted, local running stores are great too. Here is a link to the Fleet Feet runs: http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/...chedule-pages-46.php . That is probably going to be a cab ride away for you, but I hear they are a fun group. (You could also hop on a Divvy bike to get there!)
Quote Reply
Re: Running in Chicago [Kristi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks

I'll go for a lakefront run :D
Will be most easy thing to do.
Quote Reply