Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recommendations on cycling shoes
Quote | Reply
Anyone loves their shoes? I'm looking for new shoes and would like to hear about any shoes you love. I'm been wearing SIDI tri shoes which felt quite snug on top and I often had to keep the velcro loose.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations on cycling shoes [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm no help. I love my Sidis.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same problem with SIDI's. My feet would ache after a ride. I now wear Specialized. It has three velcro straps.They have a roomy toe box.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 on the Specialized shoes. I have the TriVents and love them.

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear shimano tri shoes. I really like them. I can wear them with socks or without and they are roomy enough for the foot swelling on an IM and fast enough to slip on the bike for a sprint.

I was looking to switch to SIDIs, but after hearing that they are narrow and tight on the top of the foot, might just stay with the Shimanos. I have that "tight on the top of the foot" problem with a lot of other shoes and neuromas from an injury a long time ago.

--------------------
Jeanne Roth
Team Timex 2007/2008
http://jeannejeannie.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shimano tri shoes here, too. I haven't had them for long but I love them so far. I was afraid to get new ones because my old ones were so comfy, but these have been great, too, right from the start.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations on cycling shoes [Shelby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of Specialized and love them. I really wanted a pair of SIDIs and I'll be honest I wanted them becasue they are the "cool" shoes to have! I never swould spend $ on designer clothing or shoes so to me that was my splurge ;) I have wide feet and wear a a wide Sacuony for running so I was worried cos I heard SIDI ran narrow. I ended up getting a pair of men's regular width on sale and they fit me well.
Last edited by: mixie: Feb 26, 08 12:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had one of the most helpful bike shop interactions on just this topic over the weekend! I went in to Hi-Tech Bikes in San Diego (outside my usual area) to kill time and am so glad I did!

This might be a bit off topic but as you are looking for a shoe I will share the things I learned on getting a good fit. I learned that a bike shoe should feel like a slipper to get the best power transfer *and* so that your foot isn't moving around in ways it shouldn't while you pedal! I also learned that in getting a cycling shoe the important thing to fit is the wide part of your foot. You want that part of your foot to match up with the wide part in the shoe. Another thing to look for is how much "extra material" is around the sides, as that means room your foot can move in ways it shouldn't. That's one of the big differences in mens vs womens shoes -- the men's ones have more volume/space inside them.

I walked in knowing my next shoes would be tri shoes. I had tried the Specialized ones, having had no issues with my specialized road shoes (the first and only cycling shoes I'd ever used). But there was a slight seam to the loop at the heel that gave me a blister, and the top of the tongue gave me a slight blister as well. I tried on Shimano ones, and I really hated the look of the powder blue. I tried them on for the first time this weekend, and almost got them, as they were a very good fit and I mentally got over my color-hate.

I walked out with Sidi road shoes :) They had the best fit for me, and with only 2 velcro straps I should still be able to learn to do the whole "shoes on the bike" thing. There is a tongue, but it seems like it will work from some in store testing. And as was pointed out to me, you save some time having the shoes on the bike, but it might not end up being enough time that it makes up what would be lost with a less perfect shoe fit (although we had no numbers to really discuss that ;)).

Oh, and I also had heard that Sidi was best for long narrow feet, and I didn't believe they'd work for me at all ever as I thought my feet were more square ;)

---
Miles of Life --- Powered by MarkyV
Quote Reply