Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recommend some tri shorts
Quote | Reply
I usually race in TYR tri shorts--the kind with pretty much no chamois. I can't find my favorite ones for sale anywhere anymore and most of what I find in stores has a chamois. Can someone recommend a good quality tri short that's mid thigh length, has a minimal chamois, and has leg grippers so the legs don't ride up? I don't mind buying online, but I can't tell from some of these websites what the chamois actually looks like and how thick it is.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend some tri shorts [jl2732] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocket Science Sports has a very thin chamois that I like, but the longest short they have is a 6" Mary jane model (vs. the 4" MJ). These also have a low rise (just below hip bone crest. you can get them directly from RSS, or SwimOutlet sells them.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where do you live? TYR Huntington Beach has one or two big sales every year and damn near give them away. One year I bought their tri shorts for $5 and the following year they were 5 pair for $1. For me, they are great shorts and hold well.

Quote | Reply
I just bought some of the Louis Garneaus, the black pair with white piping, about $60. The padding is just enough for a short bike and am actually thinking of wearing them for the marathon portion of my IM, even though I won't be biking in them. I suck down alot of water, so any compression on my gut sucks, and these have a yoga-type waist band. I'm 5'6 and 143 lbs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pearl Izumi PRO In-R-Cool shorts are awesome. Minimal pad. Longer than most other women's shorts and sticky stuff to keep em down. Super comfy and fit like a glove! Highly recommend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to use those and now use desoto - and in fact have switched to the micro length - LOVE them
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend some tri shorts [TriGirrrrl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all of the recommendations! I have some DeSoto bike shorts and I like them, so I figured I'd try their tri shorts first. I didn't realize they had shorts with just a fleece chamois.
Quote Reply