Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: craving peanut butter [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Feel exactly the same way. Almond butter's good, but it's pb that I crave!
Quote Reply
Re: craving peanut butter [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
determination wrote:
Has anyone tried the powedered peanut butter? I saw some at the health food section of my local grocery last night and bought it. OK, I bought the one with peanut butter and chocolate...
PB2 is the brand...

Help me out on this, why does one need PB powdered? For camping?

And, of course, how does it taste reconstituted?

--------
Trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i got a couple of sample packs at one point - original PB2 and the chocolate flavoured PB2.

you could probably pass it off using it in baking or a smoothie, but for a sammich it's disappointing. the chocolate flavoured one is just lame - i managed to make it edible by adding extra cocoa powder (the higher fat kind; not the pale, weak stuff), but on its own it just tastes like broken dreams.

luckytotri, they remove the oil to make it low-cal and low-fat (and, of course, sell you the result at a higher price while making a mint off selling the peanut oil separately). somewhere in the process they suck out its very soul, which i'm sure they also profit from when they sell it to satan.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
mistressk wrote:
i got a couple of sample packs at one point - original PB2 and the chocolate flavoured PB2.

you could probably pass it off using it in baking or a smoothie, but for a sammich it's disappointing. the chocolate flavoured one is just lame - i managed to make it edible by adding extra cocoa powder (the higher fat kind; not the pale, weak stuff), but on its own it just tastes like broken dreams.

luckytotri, they remove the oil to make it low-cal and low-fat (and, of course, sell you the result at a higher price while making a mint off selling the peanut oil separately). somewhere in the process they suck out its very soul, which i'm sure they also profit from when they sell it to satan.

cheers!

-mistress k

Well, that's just plain fucktarded.

--------
Trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists
Quote Reply
Re: craving peanut butter [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
luckytotri wrote:
Do you ever slice bananas, put em on a cookie sheet and freeze them? They're like little mini banana popsicles.

Oh yeah.

Of course, I'm goona need to wait until June to consider it, but I love them that way.

I do this too - just on a plate though (no cookie sheet) - great in the summer. :)

This thread is making me crave peanut butter really bad - I'm gonna have some asap ...

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have never tried almond butter (helps that they don't really have it where I live) for fear of liking it too much. I would die without PB and know I need to limit myself with things. I stay away from trying things like this, Krispy Kreme, cliff bars... If I haven't had, I won't know what I am missing.
Quote Reply
Re: craving peanut butter [genkigirl1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think cliff bars are good but would be hard to over-eat. They're a little bit too sweet and they're pretty filling.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh they look damn good to me but think I must avoid. I overeat celery!!

Seriously I do. I'll eat a whole celery in one sitting and continue to eat.
Quote Reply
Re: craving peanut butter [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have discovered TJ's banana yogurt and it is delicious.
Tomorrow I think I am going to put some chocolate in it.
I am more excited about this than seems necessary...

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been on a crazy kick of peanut butter experimentation involving:
- bulk food store nuts (and other things)
- food processor
- an array of mason jars

So far I've made white chocolate coconut cashew butter; cinnamon-maple peanut butter; and almond-hazelnut "nutella" (melted chocolate chips in and used coconut milk as well).

It's stupid easy. Roast nuts, put nuts in food processor. Blend for 10 minutes or so, scraping the sides down occasionally. Add in extra things if you wish like salt, vanilla, melted chocolate, and a touch of oil (like peanut or coconut oil) to improve the consistency if needed. Store in fridge.

Only problem is, nothing lasts long. I have to hide it from my boyfriend, or it vanishes.

Next up.. something savory. Maybe spicy peanut butter?

. . . . . . . . .
-julie
Quote Reply
Re: craving peanut butter [taciturned] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh my god that sounds amazing! I don't think I'd be able to control myself though and it would be gone in a matter of a day or two.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I eat fresh ground peanut butter from Whole Foods every day slathered on a a honeycrisp (when in season) or gala apple!! I mix half honey roasted peanuts and half plain unsalted peanuts in the same container. Heaven for my taste-buds! It's my "junk" food.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love peanut butter and I always buy the smooth pb but last time I went to the store I bought a small jar of the chunky kind and I love the crunch it has.
Quote Reply
Re: craving peanut butter [spintela] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ate about 700 calories' worth of peanut butter today... just could not get enough of it this morning. I don't know why I buy the little single serving (250 cal.) packets of it; they are good for work and I thought it would help me eat less peanut butter. Instead I usually eat two of the things. *blushes*

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
I ate about 700 calories' worth of peanut butter today... just could not get enough of it this morning. I don't know why I buy the little single serving (250 cal.) packets of it; they are good for work and I thought it would help me eat less peanut butter. Instead I usually eat two of the things. *blushes*

peanut butter + banana protein shakes usually satisfy my craving to a certain degree --- would recommend :)

mix with a light soy milk and you'll feel pretty full --- I usually drink a 32oz and am good for 2 hrs

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BTW, March 1st is National Peanut Butter Lover's Day! So enjoy w/o guilt!
Quote Reply
Re: craving peanut butter [kmh1225] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just had some in my oatmeal. Yummeh.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: craving peanut butter [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to share this with the peanut butter craving womens. I went to a recently opened Bulk Barn with my daughter yesterday. This place has everything bulk, from soup to nuts. Anyway, tucked against the wall were three nut butter machines. I've never heard of this! Of course I picked the peanut machine, and put my little bowl underneath, pushed a button, and ground my own friggin peanut butter! I couldn't wait to get home and dunk a piece of dark chocolate in it. That chit is the bomb! By far the best tasting peanut butter I've ever had.

Those of you that have already been enjoying fresh ground pb for years can just ignore my little epiphany!
Quote Reply
Re: craving peanut butter [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a cold and it has killed my peanut butter cravings. I assume this is temporary.

Quote Reply
Re: craving peanut butter [triathlung] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our Bulk Barns here don't have grinders, but I'll forgive them because they regularly stock:

- regular smooth peanut butter
- regular chunky peanut butter
- natural (peanuts only) smooth peanut butter
- natural (peanuts only) chunky peanut butter
- organic natural (peanuts only) smooth peanut butter
- natural (almonds only) smooth almond butter
- cashew butter

If you like peanut butter and you like cashews, you must try cashew butter. I refuse to be responsible for later addiction and/or weight gain issues, though.

I also love Bulk Barn for their huge selection of gluten free foods at reasonable prices.

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
mistressk wrote:
Our Bulk Barns here don't have grinders, but I'll forgive them because they regularly stock:

- regular smooth peanut butter
- regular chunky peanut butter
- natural (peanuts only) smooth peanut butter
- natural (peanuts only) chunky peanut butter
- organic natural (peanuts only) smooth peanut butter
- natural (almonds only) smooth almond butter
- cashew butter

If you like peanut butter and you like cashews, you must try cashew butter. I refuse to be responsible for later addiction and/or weight gain issues, though.

I also love Bulk Barn for their huge selection of gluten free foods at reasonable prices.

Cheers!

-mistress k

It's a pretty cool store, and I plan on making it a regular stop!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I have a cold and it has killed my peanut butter cravings. I assume this is temporary.

I don't know if ANYTHING has ever killed my peanut butter cravings. I keep reserves on hand because I start getting panicky about halfway through the jar.

. . . . . . . . .
-julie
Quote Reply
Re: craving peanut butter [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like cashews. Cashew butter is so pricey around here I've never tried it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's the beauty of Bulk - buy 100g just to try and pay $1.10! Maybe there's a bulk store somewhere around your school?

Cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I have some fudge in my fridge that I'd forgotten about until last night when a lightbulb went off in my little brain. Fudge + peanut butter on the same spoon....booyah!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply

Prev Next