Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Womens' Camp 2014 [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still need to buy tickets. My cat doesn't seem to be doing well so I hesitate to leave her. I am taking her to the vet tomorrow to get a grip on things.

If I do come, I will be arriving Wednesday evening and leaving Sunday, probably fly out late afternoon. LA likely since the flight will be cheaper.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm coming to camp on Thursday mid-day, departing on Sunday. I'm planning to bring my bike with me.

Should any womens be flying into Burbank on Thursday morning, I'm happy to give someone a ride. There will be a stop at the beautiful Santa Clarita pool followed by a trip to In-n-Out, but I think those are reasonable terms. :-)

Can't wait to see everyone!

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am thrilled to see No-Cartilage-Jen and Just-Back-From-Hawaii-Michelle are coming to camp!

As always, I will be driving over the hill early Thursday morning with my tri bike. My road bike is a 44-cm frame, and it doesn't sound as if anyone needs one that small, so I probably won't bring it. Planning to leave Sunday. My work department is shutting down as of the 11th, so I will either be really happy or really stressed to be out of the office those days!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will be in LA on Wednesday - and would like to travel to camp then. (Coming a couple days earlier.. Will not be at airport on Wednesday but could get there if needed for traveling to camp.). Leaving out of LAX Sunday night. No dietary restrictions. Would also love a bike preferably 51-52 but could probably fit on a 53 or even 54.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Driving up from Orange County on Thursday night and staying until Sunday afternoon.

I'll bring both my dwarf tri bike for myself and the 47 cm Trek road bike that anyone without a ride may use.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Michele and I will be flying in to LAX on Tuesday night and hanging in LA on Wednesday morning (staying in Santa Monica). Plan on picking up seh somewhere in LA and heading to camp for Wednesday evening. We leave camp on Sunday mid-morning.

Michele and I will be mailing our bikes out to camp so we are good on that front.

In terms of dietary stuff, I am sure we cause issues. I am gluten free (per dr orders) and Michele is allergic to nuts, seafood, fish, and raw eggs. We both function well in most circumstances so I am sure we can make do with the normal stuff Monty usually keeps in the house. It may just mean we eat left overs or sandwiches for dinner on certain nights if Monty keeps his usual menu for the week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm flying in and out of Ontario this year. Arriving Wed. morning around 11:00 - heading straight to the house. Flight home Sunday evening - will leave the house mid-day. I'm shipping my road bike ahead, so I won't need to use a bike.

Quote Reply
Re: Womens' Camp 2014 [Kristi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who am I missing?

Name Arrival Departure Airport Other Cathy Morgan (ironclm) Tues. Sun. LAX needs 51 cm (maybe) Susan Harrell (seh) LAX needs S bike Deanna (instigator) Wed. Sun. LAX GF; p/u she Michele Wed. Sun. LAX w/Deanna Gail (Gee) Thurs. Sun. drive Kristi McE (Kristi) Wed. Sun. ONT Mindy (minniepearl) Wed. Sun. LAX needs 52 cm Sally (SSP) Thurs. Sun. drive has extra 48cm bike Suzanne (SDCali) drive has extra 48cm bike Jen (JenSw) Wed. Sun. LAX tentative Michelle (mdraegerpnw) Thurs. Sun. BUR Meg Fri. Sun. drive tentative

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm heading up wednesday evening, staying through sunday.

check out my blog http://theswimmingtriathlete.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Christina and Myriam - I don't have their travel plans yet, but I *think* in Wed. night and out Sunday. I'll see them tomorrow and will try to find out.
Quote Reply
Re: Womens' Camp 2014 [Kristi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry everyone but I'm out. Multiple reasons: work re-org and projects, plus Olive isn't doing well.

I put the decision off as long as I could but we have an exec review next week and I don't know what the result will be. I need to be here for any fallout.

Plus, if anything happens to Olive while I'm away I'll never forgive myself. The vet seems to think her cancer has come back. I'll know more next week. She's too important to me to risk being away. If you've ever had pets you'll understand.

My second vacation in less than 6 months that I've had to bail out on :-(

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Womens' Camp 2014 [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
:-((

My thoughts are with you and Olive.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I"m arriving late Tuesday night, hitching a ride Wednesday and Sunday…. I think I'm going to go ahead and ship either the TT or road bike. Haven't decided which one yet.

Susan Harrell
http://www.endurancezone.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So how does this work in terms of getting to camp if we're flying in? I would love to share a ride with someone, should I post or reply directly to those who look like they may be traveling same days as me?
Thanks again!
Mindy
Quote Reply
Re: Womens' Camp 2014 [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In terms of dietary stuff, I am sure we cause issues. I am gluten free (per dr orders) and Michele is allergic to nuts, seafood, fish, and raw eggs.//

I'll have plenty of stuff for you womens, i too am gluten free these days so i have some alternative stuff. And in the 9 years of this camp, i never served a raw egg…(-;
Quote Reply
Re: Womens' Camp 2014 [minniepearl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd say go ahead and post here. I suspect everyone who's attending is keeping an eye on this thread, but if you're concerned, you can reply to them directly.

Michelle

Quote Reply
Re: Womens' Camp 2014 [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

I'll have plenty of stuff for you womens, i too am gluten free these days so i have some alternative stuff. And in the 9 years of this camp, i never served a raw egg…(-;

I travel quite a bit with Michele so I am know her allergies but thought I would confirm so I said allergies are: "nuts, seafood, shellfish". She replied back with "and raw egg" and the conversation went something like this:

M- don't forget raw eggs
D- I am pretty sure we will not be having raw eggs
M- but raw egg is in all kinds of food
D- like what?
M- baked Alaska
D- Where do you think we are going? the 1950s?
D- I think I'll tell Monty you only eat Rocky style smoothies. Nothing but raw eggs for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Womens' Camp 2014 [mdraegerpnw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Michelle!

Sooo I would like to travel to camp from LA anytime on Wednesday and return on Sunday. I have an evening flight on Sunday. Would be happy to share expenses but would rather not rent a car myself.

Deanna, do you have room for one more person? Or anyone else of course already driving, great.

I promise not to bring any raw eggs. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, I'm changing my schedule and heading to camp on Wednesday, probably arriving mid-day.

Mindy, if you are still in need of a ride and can be somewhat near Burbank, I'd be happy to give you a lift. See earlier post about my itinerary of awesome Santa Clarita pool and In n Out beforehand. ;-)

M

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So bummed that I will be missing Camp this year. Saturday, April 5th is a big 50th celebration for my lifelong friend...we have known each other 49 years. You all have a blast and enjoy one of Monty's Margaritas for me! Cheers, Meg

Meg

"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing!" Helen Keller
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Michelle, I hope you are doing well! Sorry I will miss having fun with you and the other ladies this year. Drop me a line at meg.shea13@gmail.com when you have a chance. Cheers, Meg

Meg

"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing!" Helen Keller
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
minniepearl - I think we can work something out! I sent you a PM so be sure to check your inbox.

Bike was dropped off at FedEx yesterday and arrival date is in the 10 day forecast!! Can't wait!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Michelle and thanks!

I'll let you know in a day or so... Think I have a ride with Deanna. (Although the pool and In n out sounds fantastic.). It's more a matter of convenience. I can probably get to Burbank without too much hassle but not sure..
In any case, I will let you know and look forward to meeting you!!
Mindy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm down to only one night and Sunday this year. As the new California club opening coincides (ARRRRGH) with Womens' Camp, I have to work all days until Saturday at 4. Once I am free of the job-monster in Orange County, I will pedal my Fred Flintstone-mobile as fast as I can to Xantusia.

At this point, I'll sleep in the barn if I must, just to get away from work for one day. Monty, hold that margarita until I get there!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Womens' Camp 2014 [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, this sucks. I'm still sick and after multiple doctors appts (even the ASAP - allergies/sinus/asthma/pulmonary clinic), my head/sinus thing isn't getting better and no flying and rest.

Drink a couple of margaritas for me. And Sally, there should be room so you don't have to sleep in the barn!

For the new Womens - Monty will keep you fed and entertained, plus there are enough regulars to show you the ropes. Take lots of photos!

My one consolation is that I may get my new bike next week! Well, two - I also get to see Kristi in April!

Here is the list. In my exhausted state, I hope I didn't miss anyone. Have fun!!

Susan Harrell (seh) Wed.
Deanna (instigator) Wed.
Michele Wed.
Gail (Gee) Thurs.
Kristi McE (Kristi) Wed.
Mindy (minniepearl) Wed.
Sally (SSP) Sat.
Suzanne (SDCali) Wed.
Michelle (mdraegerpnw) Thurs.
Christina Wed.
Myriam Wed.

clm