Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Nice shit that guys say... [luckytotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This one made my morning last season (hello all & nice to meet you btw)..

Was out for my regular pre-breakfast 50k and being well into the training season was feeling pretty strong - I can tell when I'm getting fitter when I start to get the blokes hanging off my wheel instead of the other way around :-) On this particular morning the fast bunch had passed me but I'd picked up a few stragglers off the back and one bloke was steady on my wheel for about the last 5k.

Pulled up at the last set of lights and he drew level saying, "Gee, you're nice to ride behind - really smooth and steady - lovely style". What could I say except "That's the nicest thing someone's said to me all morning!" Think it had just gone 6:45am but still..

Had the biggest cheesy grin on my face all day!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guy point of view. "Damned if I do, Damned if I don't". So either way we are probably going to be wrong.

2017 Cervelo P2
2017 Cervelo S2
itraininla.com
#itraininla
Quote Reply
Re: Nice shit that guys say... [gymrat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"So either way we are probably going to be wrong."

Heard a comedian on CBC radio not long ago talking about how according to women, men are always wrong. He cited this joke - If a man is alone in the forest and talking to himself is he still wrong? LOL!!
Quote Reply
Re: Nice shit that guys say... [gymrat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gymrat wrote:
Guy point of view. "Damned if I do, Damned if I don't". So either way we are probably going to be wrong.

Really? I don't think that's what we're talking about here--not to tell you you're wrong or anything;) Now if you had posted this on the "dumb shit guys say thread" that would be different.

I think these posts about nice things are just that, nice.

--------
Trying to fight gravity on a planet that insists
Quote Reply
Re: Nice shit that guys say... [blackthugcat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is a pretty nice compliment. At first I thought he was going to say something about your ass;)

Nice to meet you too :)

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Back in October, I was volunteering at the finish line of a 70.3. I was pulling timing chips, so I was frequently squatting and bending over to rip them off the tired finishers. While we were waiting for the final finisher or two a finish line photographer walks up to me, high fives me and says, "I just wanted to tell you, you have great legs!" It put a smile on my face for the rest of the evening.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since I posted about the dumb thing that a guy said to me after he ran a block to catch up with me, I should also post the nice thing my co-worker said when I got back...

So the gist of the other story was that a guy jogged a block to catch me as I was walking downtown and then said something dumb... I got back to the office with my takeout lunch, and was sitting in the lunchroom with my co-workers and telling them the story. I said "I can't believe a guy would run a block to talk to me" and my co-worker (a guy) blurts out "Have you seen you?!?" Then he got all embarrassed, but it was really sweet.

The other nice thing I remember was said to me while my husband and I were walking down the beach in Mexico on our honeymoon. A little boy (maybe 7 years old) runs up to me and says "You pretty! Gimme dollar!" My husband still says that to me sometimes (usually when he's looking for cash!) Oh, and I was just in a bikini so I didn't have a dollar for the little boy.
Quote Reply
Re: Nice shit that guys say... [LoDewey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LoDewey wrote:
Since I posted about the dumb thing that a guy said to me after he ran a block to catch up with me, I should also post the nice thing my co-worker said when I got back...

So the gist of the other story was that a guy jogged a block to catch me as I was walking downtown and then said something dumb... I got back to the office with my takeout lunch, and was sitting in the lunchroom with my co-workers and telling them the story. I said "I can't believe a guy would run a block to talk to me" and my co-worker (a guy) blurts out "Have you seen you?!?" Then he got all embarrassed, but it was really sweet.

The other nice thing I remember was said to me while my husband and I were walking down the beach in Mexico on our honeymoon. A little boy (maybe 7 years old) runs up to me and says "You pretty! Gimme dollar!" My husband still says that to me sometimes (usually when he's looking for cash!) Oh, and I was just in a bikini so I didn't have a dollar for the little boy.

That is very sweet. Poor guy was probably kicking himself for his confession :)

I loved that story in the "dumb shit" thread, btw! My wedding band fell off at work this summer, and I had my earphones in and didn't hear it fall and didn't realize it was gone until I went to wash my hands. I looked all over for it, sent out an email to the department, talked to the janitors, everything, no ring. I haven't gotten it replaced yet, but I need to. Not wearing one causes all sorts of problems;) Married guys, OTOH, often don't wear rings. I wonder if they have the same problems...maybe they just don't think of those things as "problems"?

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today at yoga there was a new guy in class, and after class he said, "Your arms are incredible. Did you get arms like that from yoga?" My instructor (also a guy) was within ear shot and heard the guys comment. He winked at me, turned to the guy and said "Yes, just from yoga." We all laughed. It was pretty funny, and it was definitely nice. It was especially nice to hear after a very humbling, challenging class. Anybody who says yoga isn't hard enough isn't in the right damn class.

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was in the library cafe this fall and a guy sitting at a nearby table kept ogling me. I did not like it, so I shot him a nasty look and moved to a different spot. That evening, I told my then-boyfriend about it over the phone. He laughed and said "I spent all summer ogling you." Since we'd been dating for a good part of the summer, it made me laugh...

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
luckytotri wrote:
Today at yoga there was a new guy in class, and after class he said, "Your arms are incredible. Did you get arms like that from yoga?" My instructor (also a guy) was within ear shot and heard the guys comment. He winked at me, turned to the guy and said "Yes, just from yoga." We all laughed. It was pretty funny, and it was definitely nice. It was especially nice to hear after a very humbling, challenging class. Anybody who says yoga isn't hard enough isn't in the right damn class.

I hear you! I've had the comment a few times - 'you look really cut, you must go to the gym a lot' - 'No, I never go to the gym'. 'Then how do you get arms like that?'. 'I do yoga. Oh, and I ride my bike a lot. And I swim a bit'. 'Yoga?'.... Show them what a side plank is and they start to get it.. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Nice shit that guys say... [blackthugcat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got divorced a number of years ago and I'm now in my early 50's. The last years of my marriage were horrible. Anyway, I'm with someone else now and we have had 6 (so far) happy years together. He calls me "My lovely" and every time I hear him say it, I swoon a bit. Hooray for second chances at love and life!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
luckytotri wrote:
That is a pretty nice compliment. At first I thought he was going to say something about your ass;)

That would belong in the "Back Door Brag" thread, wouldn't it?
Quote Reply
Re: Nice shit that guys say... [SS Tri4Fun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SS Tri4Fun wrote:
luckytotri wrote:

That would belong in the "Back Door Brag" thread, wouldn't it?

We've already exempted all posts here from that possibility; see my second post in this thread. If we're going to give guys props for nice things we heard, they're generally going to be nice things that were said to us, about us.

--------
Quote Reply
Re: Nice shit that guys say... [kimbie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kimbie,
I feel that way every time I get a smacker from my sweetie! Sometimes actions speak louder than words (so maybe this should be the ...and nice shit guys do thread). And I'm happy for you that you got that second chance.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Last edited by: Tri3: Jan 15, 13 19:22
Quote Reply
Re: Nice shit that guys say... [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
kimbie,
I feel that way every time I get a smacker from my sweetie! Sometimes actions speak louder than words (so maybe this should be the ...and nice shit guys do thread). And I'm happy for you that you got that second chance.

Yes, Kimbie, that definitely made me smile. Divorces are brutal. Always good to hear aobut a happy ending after slogging through a divorce.
I think we should definitely include actions too. I usually prefer them more to words anyway.

--------
Quote Reply
Re: Nice shit that guys say... [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
kimbie,

Wednesdays are my long days--8 hours of driving plus a long day of meetings and desk work. Tonight I walked in the door to this lovely layout and the sound of my husband reading Island of the Blue Dolphins to our three kids. Beautiful. He'd even changed the sheets and made the bed. I think one of the best feelings in the world is getting into a bed made with fresh sheets right after a shower--so delicious. If I had unlimited income, that would be a daily splurge, and he knows that. So nice.

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
luckytotri wrote:
Cerveloguy suggested this thread, and I think it will serve as a good foil to the "dumb shit guys say" one. I'm at a loss at the moment, but I'm sure I'll think of something by morning;) I'm really willing to do anything to see more Womens posting! So, Womens...

"Do you know if they carry digestive enzymes in this aisle?"
Quote Reply
Re: Nice shit that guys say... [Recoverie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So completely AWESOME! You deserve an award!

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My BF encouraging me when I'm having a tough time on a bike ride or run (or learning to surf or mountain bike) always makes me smile.

I am used to getting random stares while I'm lifting at the gym, not because I'm that attractive but because for some reason there are usually very few women in the weight room. While I was walking out to the parking lot one day, an older gentleman (lots of retirees at that gym) asked me if I was a personal trainer. I said "no, why?" I expected some dirty old man comment back, but he said "I was watching you lift and your form is perfect. I rarely see that in the weight room."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IMC '09. On the run. Paulo and Khai heckling me - now I've known them a long time these two. Not so secret ST-style love affair between me & Paulo haha a few years prior... anywhoo, I see these two in their orange shirts, and come over to give them both hugs. Trot off on my run. Later, Khai tells me Paulo turned to him after I left and said "and she even smells nice..."

I have many more but that one is safe for all readers :P

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Last edited by: AndyPants: Jan 20, 13 21:14
Quote Reply
Re: Nice shit that guys say... [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love it ;)

STstyle love affair? Whatever do you mean ? ;)

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My son is dating a girl and when he was describing her to me he said the first thing that caught his eye is that "she smiles with her whole face" and sure enough when he sent me a picture that is exactly what she does. Big smile, her cheeks go up and her eyes close, perfect description! I thought that was a nice thing for a guy to say even if it is my son.
Quote Reply
Re: Nice shit that guys say... [carlsomi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
carlsomi wrote:
My son is dating a girl and when he was describing her to me he said the first thing that caught his eye is that "she smiles with her whole face" and sure enough when he sent me a picture that is exactly what she does. Big smile, her cheeks go up and her eyes close, perfect description! I thought that was a nice thing for a guy to say even if it is my son.

That is lovely. Sounds like you've raised a nice man. Kudos.

--------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply

Prev Next