Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
"Girl" does not equal "pink"
Quote | Reply
Ok, I'm shopping for a new bike, and this year I've made several other purchases, large and small. I just wanna say to the tri brands out there:

NOT EVERTHING MARKETED TO WOMEN NEEDS TO BE PINK!!!!

If they would get that through their thick skulls, I'd buy more stuff. There a LOTS of color schemes that are feminine and not pink.

Thanks, I feel better now...

www.trainingmo.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: "Girl" does not equal "pink" [Meowelk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh my god-I am SO there with you on this one!

I dislike pink for the reason that everyone seems to think that's all I want in shoes, shirts, shorts, sunglasses, helmets, bikes, etc.!

Em

------------------------------------------------------------
Bra Diva
Find a sports bra that won't let you down!
www.BraDiva.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guess you don't like my bike, eh?

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or baby blue ... too much pink or baby blue women's gear out there ...

my support:

Pacific Multisport
Quote Reply
Re: "Girl" does not equal "pink" [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love it! Here's mine:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree...... actually I LOVE pink, but not on my bike. My guess is that most of these bikes are designed by men and let's face it men don't really understand us!

http://www.rdsupplier.com "making race directing easier"
Quote Reply
Re: "Girl" does not equal "pink" [southerngal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I roll my eyes at companies that make "women specific" bike and tri gear that's exactly the same proportions as the men's gear except that it's painted pink.

If it makes you gals feel any better, I'd ride a pink bike. In fact my old steel Miele 12 sp was pink.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Most of the "women's" bikes are actually just the same bikes the boys ride with a different color scheme. So you don't need to worry about what they are marketing to you, just find a bike that fits in a color you like.

Personally I like the pink, but for bikes I LOVE orange. I really like last year's Litespeed Bella that was green.

---------------------------------------
Awww, Katy's not all THAT evil. Only slightly evil. In a good way. - JasoninHalifax

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love the login name on the bike! Very cool. And as long as you love it, more power to you. I just want one in green. or blue. or really any color but pink (and I have to agree with the baby blue comment too). It seems like the bike manufacturers used to make a model of bike in several paint schemes, but now, each model only has one. I was checking out the Felt line - it'd be cool if the swooshes on their bikes came in a few different colors for each bike. The QR line also, and their WSD were pink highlighted and baby blue on white. Hence my gripe. I guess to get a paint job I really like means forking over additional $$. Poo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hate blue. And the pink bike used to be red, but then EVERYONE got a Cervelo. So, instead of a new bike, I kept the 2ooo Cervelo and painted it how ~I~ wanted it. The only way to go!

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Orbea Divas come in a great Pistacio color that is a really beautiful green. I went with the pink, however, and like the balance with the carbon and pink. I have a helmet with pink flames too. But, I see your point in that finding other colors are really frustrating.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you paint it yourself or hire someone?

I am not a fan of pink, but I do love the Cervelo (which is my ride, too) :-) I happened to buy mine the year that the color was grey. I could perhaps say that I dislike grey for bike color more than pink-so boring and makes a gorgeous bike not quite as gorgeous!

Every time I get ready to buy a new bike it turns out it's the year that the bike I want has boring colors. I'm beginning to think I'm cursed...

Emily

Bra Diva
Find a sports bra that won't let you down!
www.BraDiva.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
love your bike. i'm a pink fan too. but since i was always a tomboy, this pink thing is a relatively new revelation to me. probably went overboard: pink Razr, pink iPod, pink earbuds, pink sports bra, pink bedroom, pink bike ... the best part about being in your 50s is that you don't give a damn if the kids roll their eyes at your newfound pinkness ...
Quote Reply
Re: "Girl" does not equal "pink" [bdiva] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is one of the stock colors. I absolutely love it and get quite a few comments at races.

I always say if you can be good you might as well look good.

:-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a silver bike.

I hate pink!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
x10 against pink AND baby blue!

I wear Zoot and Descente tops because they seem to be the only women's tri sports companies that offer 'real' colors: Royal blue, deep red, purple.

My new road bike is an understated black - but I would have loved it in red! Racier!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gurubikes.com let you pick from tons of colors and designs, and they are sweet bikes. A little pricey, but its another option if color is that important.
Quote Reply
Re: "Girl" does not equal "pink" [dreaming~big] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

Yeah, tomboy here too, plus, with red hair, pink was NEVER an option. "Redheads can't wear pink". Screw that! I hate primary colors--blue/green/some yellow. The Kindergarten colors.

Best part of the bike is all the comments I get...from DUDES! They love the bike.

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Re: "Girl" does not equal "pink" [bdiva] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My bike shop boys took care of the painting. There is a guy in Chico California who does fabulous work. I took a drawing in with the design and they showed me the paint chips of all the colors that were available and then I filled in the blanks. Then, there were a number of back and forth questions/clarifications with the painter.

Funny thing is Stef (head bike shop dude) was really, really worried about how it was going to look. He told me later that he kind of held his breath when he opened the UPS package, but then was very happy since it looked so good.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pink was hot for me awhile ago. i liked it when nobody was doing it. now...it's all about turquoise blue.
Quote Reply
Re: "Girl" does not equal "pink" [jenhs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jenhs, your bike is GORGEOUS! Orbea makes some nice looking bikes...

Re: the topic at hand, I don't have anything against pink per se, but the lack of variety is frustrating. I'm not a huge fan of the pastels=girl trend that seems to happen. Give us some options for petes sake!

M

The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Re: "Girl" does not equal "pink" [Katy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Orange is the new pink! and it makes finding your bike on a race really easy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah i hate pink too. i gave up on women's bikes long ago, but i am hoping that they will figure out the women's market some day.

"What am I on? I'm on my bike busting my ass for six hours a day. What are YOU on?" - Lance Armstrong
Quote Reply
Re: "Girl" does not equal "pink" [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Orange is the new pink! and it makes finding your bike on a race really easy.

I agree, Orange is an awesome color, not enough orange gear out there!!!

my MTB is orange:

my support:

Pacific Multisport
Last edited by: Alexia: Feb 28, 08 21:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[/img]

Some guys like pink
Quote Reply

Prev Next