Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Random knee pain
Quote | Reply
Ok, Sunday I did the hardest trail run I've ever entered. It was the inaugural Mystery Mountain Marathon, and even only running the 1/2 was killer on my legs. Here's the thing, towards the end of the run I started getting a flash of pain around my left knee. It's on the lower inside portion, so we're not talking patella problems or bone on bone. I'm just not sure what to make of it because I've gotten flashes of it since, even sitting down.

It feels like, for lack of a better description, a hot water balloon the size of a pencil tip just hit and burst there. You know, like a sharp sudden burst of pain followed immediately by a feeling of HEAT that follows a direct up and down pattern, no radius pattern. It only lasts a second, and then it's gone but the area feels like it should be tender after. If I press on it, it doesn't hurt though. It just feels like it *should* be tender.

I don't know if that makes sense, but I thought I'd ask if anyone else had ever experienced something similar?

There is no justice, there is only me. -- Death
Quote Reply
Re: Random knee pain [Sabrekitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope you saw someone or got some help?
After a fall last year I used to sometimes get this weird sensation in my knee, not a pain, but suddenly I'd be running and then get the sensation that someone threw a bucket of water at my knee, this was so weird. There was nothing that felt wrong otherwise, I kept running then it just went away.
Is yours any better?
Quote Reply
Re: Random knee pain [kbee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I think it's like your thing, it'll clear up over time. Still got hit with the fire last night (woke me up) so I stuck a pillow under my knee, gritted my teeth and... felt fine when I got up and got back to doing a morning jog. No problem during the run either. I'm starting to think it's just a stabilizer muscle or something.

Quote Reply
Re: Random knee pain [Sabrekitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure exactly where your pain is, but try googling "pes anserine bursitis"
Quote Reply
Re: Random knee pain [matti58] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Matti. I looked at it, and I'm not sure it fits but maybe? Main difference is, I don't have to be doing anything for the symptom to hit. Heck, it's smacked me awake in the middle of the night and twice while I was scooting down the interstate on my bike (the one with a motor). On the other hand, I ran through it today on the trail and found it was less startling there. More like a spreading of heat without the splash of pain. Maybe that means it's getting better:-D

Quote Reply