Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Race Wheels
Quote | Reply
Hi there Ladies! I ride a Felt B16 with smaller 650c wheels and am looking into race wheels. I will be racing in windy conditions for my A race and wanted to see what your thoughts were. Anyone know of any bike shops that rent 650 wheels near the Chicago area? Or suggestions on best value/quality if I were to invest in a pair or just rear wheel. My budget is small, so paying top of the line branded stuff is not particularly a priority. Thanks for your help!
Quote Reply
Re: Race Wheels [yonefue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Buy used (if you're patient you can find something in ST classifieds) and get a wheel cover for the back wheel.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
X2 on ST Classifieds.

I bought a nearly new 650 disc 3 years ago for next to nothing, plus used Zipp wheels on this board.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ditto the classifieds here on ST.

That said, riding any deep(er) wheels in windy conditions requires practice - if you won't get a chance to practice, stick with what you know. Otherwise you could have a very uncomfortable/wobbly ride. I rode deep wheels at Leadman Bend and it was a near disaster. Went to skinny/low poke count wheels the next year and was way more stable.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply