Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Private parts
Quote | Reply
I'm a 44 yr old female. Have ridden 3 hrs on road bike many times...just got a tri bike and my tooty hurts with just 90 minutes of riding....what to do...need help! tell me girls what to do???

Come race with us! There is always lots to do in New Orleans after finishing an early morning tri or DU!
GOOGLE NORTHSHORETRICLUB
Quote Reply
Re: Private parts [NSTriClub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
try different saddle/shorts combos. for me a cobb v-flow max & very, very thin pad works the best.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I think finding a more comfortable set up varies for everyone, but most here seem to agree that less is more regarding bike short pads in the aero position. I wear bike shorts on my road bike and tri shorts on my tri bike. I also put a generous schmeer of Aquaphor or chamois butter "down there" and that seems to help as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really like the Blackwell Flow saddle. It's the only one that ever worked on my tri bike (and I've tried a bunch). Also, I too find tri shorts to be more comfortable in the aero position than regular bike shorts, which seem to tip my pelvis forward a bit too much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This winter I went from a POS road bike with a Terry Butterfly to a Cervelo with a San Marco saddle. When I was professionally fit in the shop, I liked the new San Marco. But after doing a few Spinervals DVD's on the trainer, I was in some pain. I changed out the saddles and have been happy ever since. Maybe you can go back to the old saddle? I did have to make some adjustments to the seat height, etc and will have to go back to the shop for some fine tuning to my fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Use the search feature for threads about saddle options.

Adamo has a huge cutout for both men and women to be comfortable; find an LBS that has a trial seat program and experiment.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A tri bike is a more aggressive postion than on a roadbike, so there is going to be more pressure "there". I agree that you should get your setup checked, make sure you have a saddle that works for you and a pair of good quality knicks.
:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You'll have to experiment. I only wear tri shorts during racing, not training. Everyone is different, and to illustrate proof I use a saddle with a cut out (which happens to be a 'mens' saddle) and shorts with thick padding.

trial and error.

I second the find a LBS that will let you try out saddles though, that's what I did and it took 7 different ones before I found one that works for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi! I think that this will get easier for you, in time...but in the meantime, I would purchase a seat pad cover. De Soto makes a women's/wider saddle option, available at: http://www.desotosport.com/...ories&ProdID=SPW

or if you have a men's saddle:
http://www.desotosport.com/...sories&ProdID=SP

I use mine all the time and love it! I ride w/ a trishort instead of bike short if my rides are less than 65 miles or so and never have any problems. Good luck!

Tracy M. De Soto
Femme Designer/CFO/Attorney
De Soto Sport
Quote Reply
Re: Private parts [sdtrigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Recently had the same issue. I had not ridden a tri bike for 4 or so years and bought one again. Very painful. I bought the V Flow Plus and set it up as instructed. It came with a video, instructions and tools. Then I rode with an allen wrench so I could tweak. I got off 2x on my first ride to tweak briefly. Now it is very comfortable. Oh...and I still also lube well before riding with bag balm. However this did not help very much until I fixed the saddle problem. Good luck with it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went through three different saddles on my P2C before choosing: the stock saddle, Specialized tri tip in both sizes, and I settled on the Specialized Ariel SL saddle. It's actually for Mtn biking, but it has a cutout and the tip is padded for an aggressive position. I know it isn't as sexy as most of the tri saddles out there, but my parts aren't screaming at me after four hours on the bike. I also make sure to lube up my parts to stop chaffing as I train in tri shorts.

Your LBS should have a decent return policy, or offer demos so you can figure out what works for you.
Quote Reply
Re: Private parts [neko_katt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the suggestion of the Specialized Ariel SL saddle. I got it about a month ago and it seems to be working out well for me. I did a half ironman last weekend, in tri shorts with next to no chamois, and was comfortable the entire ride.
Quote Reply