Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pregnant Olympian
Quote | Reply
Pregnant Olympic athlete in curling, not the most active sport (sorry curlers!). But look at the nasty comments on the article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/...gnant?urn=oly,219941

To some people, if you do anything other than sit on the couch during pregnancy then you are SELFISH! Personally, I pranced my gigantic belly around the swimming pool in a two piece and had a grand time. One of the young (male) lifeguards told me I was cool and that I worked out more than he did. I liked that day!

People are so closed minded about these things it's ridiculous!
Quote Reply
Re: Pregnant Olympian [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think you realize how dangerous curling is. Those stones weigh over 40 lbs and it is not uncommon for them to go flying out of control, bouncing across the ice and slamming into someone's gut. It's almost as dangerous as ping pong.
Last edited by: BeeHunter: Feb 16, 10 11:58
Quote Reply
Re: Pregnant Olympian [BeeHunter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome post.

My wife continued to run as normal well into her 7th month. She had a fast labor, and says that her marathon the year before was much harder and more painful.
I'll never understand the desire to hide pregnant women from the public, like when they only shoot pregnant newscasters from the chest-up. It's so silly.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. I admit this might be one of the few (only?) sports where someone who's visibly pregnant can compete at an international level, and where it would be tolerated. But I see absolutely no reason why she couldn't compete as an alternate curler. Please.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah...you gotta wonder how women did it these past 10,000 years...No real hospitals, no ultrasound every so often, no vitamins for pregnancy, working (hard) until the day before, back at work a couple of days later, etc.
Heck, still happens this way in many places, and we're still getting more and more folks on our rock.
Quote Reply
Re: Pregnant Olympian [Fraussie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
& they still do...
I was flipping through some channels on travel and ended up on a documentary about prostitutes. One of them did not know she was pregant until 7 months!!!!! and was working (I do not kow about hard) up to the point she was super close to deliver the baby.
I was flabbergasted!

Fred.
Quote Reply
Re: Pregnant Olympian [BeeHunter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And she can be a risk of getting hit by a Zamboni!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I this is my favorite one:
Wow, I can't believe such a thing is being allowed; for the baby's sake. I swear, look what our times are allowing. I don't care if she's married, that is not a place to be sporting your pregant belly; and I'm a mom. When did decency go out the window?! Just can't believe it!

God forbid she forget her burqa. The immodesty of some people, I swear. :roll:

I also think people denigrating curling should maybe TRY it...it's harder than it looks. And, FWIW, ping pong (or, rather table tennis) as played in the Olympics is some seriously crazy shit.

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Pregnant Olympian [slidell4life] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'll never understand the desire to hide pregnant women from the public, like when they only shoot pregnant newscasters from the chest-up. It's so silly.

I agree! What do people think, that the stork still brings the baby?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that was silly. I see nothing improper about a pregnant curler!
Full contact football, well, that may be another story..
Quote Reply